brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Dec 17 17 6:55:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Opinions...
PostPosted: Aug 08 12 10:19:33 am 
Board Slut

Hey guys,

So I was almost positive that Papa roach would play a festival next year here called Soundwave, The lineup was announced today and alas no Papa roach. I was absolutely gutted as the promoter had hinted towards Papa roach playing and also Jerry saying they had plans for here early next year. If this did happen I was going to follow the tour around the country.

I know the possibility of them actually doing their own tour here is slim, I however need to get this out of my system, I know there are people on here that still adore P roach and understand how much they mean to me and how much I NEED to see them live. When I was 16 (almost 26 now) They came out with the Chili peppers and played one side show which was 18+ I sat outside and listened to them play cause I wasn't allowed in, A couple of days later they did a 6 song set at a local tv studio which I got to watch.

So basically it' been 10 years.

I am now thinking that their next move after the uproar tour will be the UK and my partner suggested we go there. Our dollar compared to the pound is shit and the flights are quite expensive.

Here's my idea: Should I start up either a paypal account or make a kickstarter page where my friends and family can help out a bit? Or should I just come to the realisation that I will never see Papa roach live? As I wrote before I was going to follow them around the country so I have around $1200 saved up which is a start but if they announced a UK tour tomorrow I wouldn't be able to book flights etc. I know they have just recorded an album and have been actively touring but i'm scared they will call it a day before I see them.

Opinions/suggestions welcome.

Thanks guys.

Post subject: Re: Opinions...
PostPosted: Aug 08 12 6:28:20 pm 
Board Slut

Paypal... as much as they suck, I'm not sure if Kickstarter accepts fundraising of that sort. I could be wrong.

How much would you need?

PostPosted: Aug 08 12 7:50:45 pm 
Moshed Potato

Just get a loan and live in debt

PostPosted: Aug 08 12 10:40:10 pm 
Board Slut

I'm not sure Zach it really depends on when they do it, middle of October we could probably get return flights for $1700 each. We are getting our taxes done on Sunday and hoping for a decent refund also shooting a wedding in 2 weeks I think we are getting $400 from that.
On Sunday night I should have a rough idea of how much money we have.

Maphis wrote:

Already have 2 loans

PostPosted: Aug 08 12 11:40:41 pm 
International Board Slut

I know it's an awesome thought to go and fly to them and everything. But really, if it's going to cause you financial trouble, it might not be worth it. Sometimes things just don't work out, or the timing isn't right. Sorry. My adult voice kicked in. But maybe later timing WILL be right :) And maybe they'll come to Australia yet. It ain't over til it's over!

ADIR FOR EVER!

PostPosted: Aug 09 12 12:21:26 am 
Moshed Potato

Loz wrote:
I'm not sure Zach it really depends on when they do it, middle of October we could probably get return flights for $1700 each. We are getting our taxes done on Sunday and hoping for a decent refund also shooting a wedding in 2 weeks I think we are getting $400 from that.
On Sunday night I should have a rough idea of how much money we have.

Maphis wrote:

Already have 2 loans

Only thing I can suggest is robbing a bank then :(

On a serious note though, if you need accomodation for a couple of nights I am 50 miles from London... It's 2 sofas but theyre comfy and free! If you do go ahead with it and need my help email me jamiehollis12@gmail.com

PostPosted: Aug 09 12 4:06:56 am 
Board Slut

Depending on when, I'd also like to hit up the UK again. Maybe we can combine our powers. We'll see

PostPosted: Aug 09 12 9:35:27 am 
Board Slut

Starstruck wrote:
I know it's an awesome thought to go and fly to them and everything. But really, if it's going to cause you financial trouble, it might not be worth it. Sometimes things just don't work out, or the timing isn't right. Sorry. My adult voice kicked in. But maybe later timing WILL be right :) And maybe they'll come to Australia yet. It ain't over til it's over!

Appreciate the adult advice, It's not really putting me in financial difficulty I make enough money to put away a substantial amount of money into savings per fortnight. My knee reco/recovery period knocked out 5k of my savings so I had to start again I just don't have the money at the present time if i had a few months to save that would work out good.

I was pretty depressed when I started this thread so forgive me. I'm lucky enough that Ryan is 100% behind me to follow this through (pending money situation) If I do need extra money I could hit up my mum for a few hundred but in the mean time i'll save everything I can and see where i'm at when dates get announced :) :)

Thanks for the offer Jamie :)

PostPosted: Aug 09 12 3:10:00 pm 
infestworld.com

If they tour the UK they'll also hit Europe (Netherlands/Germany at least). Maybe it's less expensive, I don't know.

PostPosted: Aug 09 12 6:36:55 pm 
International Board Slut

Well it sounds like you do have some hope. It would probably be an amazing trip! Also be careful if you stay in a hostel. A friend's room just got all their stuff ripped off while they was sleeping, even though she was sleeping right next to her belongings! I don't know if that's a regular occurrence, but I'm just saying. Sometimes cutting corners like that isn't always worth it! /adultvoice

ADIR FOR EVER!

PostPosted: Aug 19 12 3:28:15 am 
Board Slut

I'm single, making money. I think I'm with Zach on a UK trip also.....that would be pretty epic. Anyways, give it some thought and perhaps start up a Paypal account and see what happens. I wouldn't mind chipping in a few bucks. :)

PostPosted: Aug 20 12 10:44:11 am 
Board Slut

Now I play the waiting game, hopefully the dates for the tour will be announced soon seeing as they only have 6 weeks on the Uproar festival.

PostPosted: Aug 20 12 6:43:32 pm 
Board Slut

I found out I have a bunch of airline miles that'd make a trip to UK totally cheap. So, I'm down for a Roach show or two, or four.

PostPosted: Aug 21 12 4:28:08 am 
Board Slut

Why not wait till they play closer or fly to the states to see them? Either way I wouldn't mind chipping in.

Am I the only one willing to go on a Latin America tour?

http://www.twitter.com/bingeMAFIA

PostPosted: Aug 21 12 9:35:42 am 
Board Slut

JaCoby Shaddix wrote:
Why not wait till they play closer or fly to the states to see them? Either way I wouldn't mind chipping in.

My two options are only UK or USA, I'll see what happens when the tour dates come out and where/when they are playing :)

For anyone who is willing/wants to I've set up a paypal donation page Here
<3

Edit: Ryan made me a website :/ which is my tumblr. There is also a donate button on there. http://www.laurenfeaton.com

PostPosted: Aug 25 12 10:23:19 am 
Crackhead

You'd much rather prefer a UK show Loz, trust me on that one.

PostPosted: Aug 25 12 12:11:08 pm 
Board Slut

SLAVETOYOURGRAVY wrote:
You'd much rather prefer a UK show Loz, trust me on that one.

I know but I'm not coming over if they are stone sour's support act. Waste of money. It's gotta be a headline show if I'm going to spend that much money.