brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Dec 17 17 9:09:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Lost my sister...
PostPosted: Nov 24 12 5:31:35 am 
Board Slut

My one and only sister to be exact.

My sister was coming home from work, graveyard shift at California City Correctional Facility, at about 6:30am when she was hit on the driver's side of her Chevy Silverado by a Suburban and died as a result. She was just 26 years old. She left behind two beautiful kids to be raised by her Fiance.

It's been a very few weeks but....with the massive support from her job, my job, my parents' jobs, our friends and our family - we've been getting through it. Some days are harder than others, some nights I cry for an hour, some nights I don't. She was the best sister I could have ever asked for it, we shared something special. We could just sit there, shut up, and watch TV or listen to music for hours. Whenever I had relationship problems or friend problems, she had my back - she was always there for me.

I'll miss her every single day until I die, and I'll think about her every time I see her kids or my brother-in-law. Miss you, Frankie. And I love you.

In the midst of all this, my long time girlfriend and I found our way back to each other. She left school, friends, ROTC for a week and never left my side. She confessed that she made a mistake leaving me 6 months ago - and I got to say - she's the woman of my dreams. Not one day has gone by since we first started dating over 7 years ago that I haven't thought about her. I wanted to marry her before we broke up, and I still want to marry her. She says she loves me with all her heart and she'll never leave me again....and I believe and trust her. Why? Because I love her to death. We've been spending some great time together recently, and I don't know what I would have done without her through losing my sister. Her family loves me, her mother is the reason why I have the job I do.

Wish me luck ladies and gentleman as I live life from here on out. It's definitely been life-changing. This is why I've been gone from the forum the past few weeks. Now when the hell is Papa Roach planning on doing a damn USA tour so I can go see my favorite band!

P.S. my sister was a big time Papa Roach fan just like me, when I first saw them in Bakersfield in 2005 - she stood right next to me the whole show, rocking out!
Frances Bedoy Lopez
April 25, 1986 - October 15, 2012

Post subject: Re: Lost my sister...
PostPosted: Nov 24 12 8:12:23 pm 
Hardcore Fan

I'm really sorry to hear about what happened to your sister, that's really terrible. My thoughts go out to your family and friends of hers, and especially her two children. I'm glad that there is some light for you, being back with your girlfriend and all. I wish the best to both of you! I'm sure you have plenty of people as support, but if you ever need anything at all, someone just to listen, I'm always here to lend an ear!

basictheory wrote:
so money

PostPosted: Nov 25 12 7:40:51 am 
International Board Slut

Terrible news. I can't begin to imagine how you feel right now. Adding to what Ashley said, at least you know you appreciated your lovely sister when you had her and I'm sure she felt that. *hug*

ADIR FOR EVER!

PostPosted: Nov 26 12 10:51:39 am 
infestworld.com

Terrible to lose someone close that way, stay strong bro.

PostPosted: Nov 27 12 5:49:04 am 
Insomniac

I am truly sad to read this awful news. I cannot imagine what you're going through. Losing a loved one, I can say you never really get over it, but I hope you'll stay strong. May she rest in peace.

PostPosted: Nov 27 12 4:40:19 pm 
Board Slut

Damn bro, sorry to hear that, its never easy to lose someone, especially that close... Stay strong...

DJpsycho wrote:
Wim, you are my hero.

PostPosted: Nov 27 12 6:59:33 pm 
Hardcore Fan

Prayers <3

"and I give these words to you ...because music is energy, and Papa Roach is energy and we are heart and we are soul and we are passion. So this is yours, this music is yours..............."
"But the rest is really connecting with Kate." "Kate is meant for blasting" "Can't wait till I have Kate on my hands." "Kate came today, i like her!"

PostPosted: Dec 02 12 10:44:56 pm 
Moshed Potato

sorry to hear it mate, way too young, my thoughts are with you and your family

PostPosted: Dec 13 12 8:23:42 am 
Gig Virgin

fuck. sorry man, thats heartbreaking.

PostPosted: Feb 02 13 12:26:51 pm 
Board Slut

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, guys.

Sometimes it still doesn't feel real. Sometimes I'll catch myself thinking, my sister would think this is hilarious, and have that slight impulse to pull out my phone and text her. Shit just bugs me out most of the time. I mainly just try not to think about it, at all. I enjoy her kids, I enjoy my parent's company, and most of all I enjoy my girlfriend's company.

Just asked her parents for her hand in marriage on Sunday, planning on proposing to her end of March.

Losing my sister in a car accident has just made me want to live life to the fullest. Life is so damn short, I just want to make the best of it every chance I get. The worst part about all of this is that every time I say bye to someone I can't help but think it could be the last time I say bye to them. My girlfriend driving makes me nervous as shit, I'm constantly asking her what she's up to, how is she doing, how's school....since she's away at college right now I just get paranoid and when I don't hear back from her for longer than a few hours I get scared and start thinking the worst.
Eventually I'll get over it I'm sure but....just sucks. You never think it'll happen and then it does.

Just makes you more aware of the things in life, all the precious little things. I miss her every day.

PostPosted: Feb 02 13 8:02:36 pm 
International Board Slut

Your story actually made me appreciate people a bit more, and I'm not even involved in your daily life!

It's hard to accept that we don't have control over things like this, so all you can do is make the most of your time with the people you love.

Congratulations on the pending engagement! I'm sure anyone who is still out there dating can tell you that it's extremely difficult to find someone with a good heart who you like being with. Hang on to her! :)

ADIR FOR EVER!

PostPosted: May 04 13 7:30:32 am 
Board Slut

Been awhile since I posted on here last, thanks again everyone!

So funny how much I've grown while posting on this board. I follow you all on Twitter/Facebook and I know what some of your interests are and how your lives are going. (By the way, Congratulations Loz!!) All because we all have share a love for Papa Roach.

Good stuff, anyways, engagement plans didn't work out. Turns out she ditched me once again for the college life and we're not on speaking terms again. But this time it's more like a shame on me thing, so I don't really mind. On to different saga of my life.

PostPosted: May 04 13 10:16:43 pm 
International Board Slut

Aw man. Sorry to hear the engagement didn't work out.

ADIR FOR EVER!