It is currently Feb 21 18 4:14:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Just because I want to use the polling option
GREAT IDEA 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
DUMB IDEA 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
KATE YOURE THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I STILL THINK THAT ALBUM SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED "KATE" 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Dumb idea, smart idea, or what?
PostPosted: Jul 02 12 11:28:00 pm 
Hardcore Fan

I am seeing the show in Omaha in like 18 days and I have been wanting to tell the guys how much their music has helped me through my damn anxiety. This past month has been especially hard...I probably had one of my worst panic attacks during last month. I constantly resort to Roach music for relief. "The Enemy" has been a God Send for me and I bawled my eyes out when I heard it live. I am sure I looked like an idiot but I couldnt help it.

ANYWAYS....to my question. Every time I have met any of them I never have a chance to REALLY explain to them what they have done for me. I was thinking that since I have a VIP pass this time I can make a video letter and hand it to them during the meet and greet ( for them to watch later). Dumb idea? Good idea?...........what do you all think.

ps I really trust you guys to give me your honest opinion.

BH for life!

"and I give these words to you ...because music is energy, and Papa Roach is energy and we are heart and we are soul and we are passion. So this is yours, this music is yours..............."
"But the rest is really connecting with Kate." "Kate is meant for blasting" "Can't wait till I have Kate on my hands." "Kate came today, i like her!"

Post subject: Re: Dumb idea, smart idea, or what?
PostPosted: Jul 03 12 9:27:47 am 
International Board Slut

Because they're always on the go, I'd suggest writing a letter and handing it to them.

ADIR FOR EVER!

PostPosted: Jul 03 12 6:07:58 pm 
Groupie

Do it and hand it to them but if you can, try and tell them in person too. That show I saw you at the Pageant in St. Louis, I got a chance to talk to Coby one on one. I was able to thank him and express to him how much their music has impacted my life but I wasn't able to say everything I wanted to say. He gave me a big hug and before he walked away I told him I had a letter for the band in case I left anything out in my speech. He laughed, grab the letter then shared it with the band. Got a message from Jerry the next day saying he appreciated it.

"I think it's important because kids can connect. They don't feel so alone. When they hear those lyrics they realize there are other people out there who have been through the same stuff and are getting through it. I don't think it's anything consciously done. We write about things that have happened to our singer, specifically, and friends around us. It's real life stuff. We're not writing about shit that we don't know about, like girls and cars and money – sex, drugs, and rock and roll. We only know real life bullshit that happens." -Tobin Joseph

‎"I saw you getting shoved around in the crowd. Well, when I could see you between the people towering over you. You okay?"

PostPosted: Jul 04 12 3:13:07 am 
Hardcore Fan

xxJerryHortonIsLife wrote:
Do it and hand it to them but if you can, try and tell them in person too. That show I saw you at the Pageant in St. Louis, I got a chance to talk to Coby one on one. I was able to thank him and express to him how much their music has impacted my life but I wasn't able to say everything I wanted to say. He gave me a big hug and before he walked away I told him I had a letter for the band in case I left anything out in my speech. He laughed, grab the letter then shared it with the band. Got a message from Jerry the next day saying he appreciated it.

A letter may be what I do. I just know its going to be 8000 pages long and I am going to have to revise it at least 12 times. How did you get a 1 on 1 when there were so many people around??

"and I give these words to you ...because music is energy, and Papa Roach is energy and we are heart and we are soul and we are passion. So this is yours, this music is yours..............."
"But the rest is really connecting with Kate." "Kate is meant for blasting" "Can't wait till I have Kate on my hands." "Kate came today, i like her!"

PostPosted: Jul 04 12 6:06:42 am 
International Board Slut

Just don't make it 8,000 words long :P Get it down to a page. This is my editorial suggestion! haha

ADIR FOR EVER!

PostPosted: Jul 05 12 10:47:26 am 
Board Slut

I would go with the letter, Not a stupid idea at all.

PostPosted: Jul 09 12 10:08:49 pm 
Groupie

kate-marie wrote:
xxJerryHortonIsLife wrote:

A letter may be what I do. I just know its going to be 8000 pages long and I am going to have to revise it at least 12 times. How did you get a 1 on 1 when there were so many people around??

When Coby was leaving to go back to the bus I asked him if I could talk to him. He said sure and then some hoes pulled him away and he said "give me a minute" and talked to them for a bit. He comes back over to me and apologizes then pulls me aside behind the bus so that wouldn't happen again. That was the first time meeting any of them for me so I'm sure since they pretty much know you, it should be no problem for you.

"I think it's important because kids can connect. They don't feel so alone. When they hear those lyrics they realize there are other people out there who have been through the same stuff and are getting through it. I don't think it's anything consciously done. We write about things that have happened to our singer, specifically, and friends around us. It's real life stuff. We're not writing about shit that we don't know about, like girls and cars and money – sex, drugs, and rock and roll. We only know real life bullshit that happens." -Tobin Joseph

‎"I saw you getting shoved around in the crowd. Well, when I could see you between the people towering over you. You okay?"

PostPosted: Jul 10 12 3:45:48 am 
Hardcore Fan

Wow. What a guy.

PostPosted: Jul 25 12 2:58:51 am 
Gig Virgin

i dont remember which album was kate so after lht theyre all kate to me.

PostPosted: Aug 03 12 12:27:18 pm 
Hardcore Fan

I would say it's a good idea but sure you should try to speak to them too, particularly with the VIP pass. I had VIP a few years back about the time my friend had died and I was listening to March Out of the Darkness all the time and balling like a bitch... I got the lyrics on a tat and I told them about it in the meet and they were all really considerate and seemed genuinely touched. Coby pointed me out of the crowd when they played the track and after the gig when I spotted him outside he pulled me away from the groupies to talk about it. It was a really nice moment, he got talking about people he'd lost and such in the past and gave me a big hug. Was kinda overwhelming to be honest.

But yeah, I've met them 3 times now and each time I've found them really easy to approach as soon as all the SIGN MY STUFF PLEASE people have moved aside for a minute. I'd say go for it... do the video and/or letter but explain it to them in the VIP thing and try find them after the show

PostPosted: Aug 04 12 1:04:58 am 
Hardcore Fan

I am actually going to have a chance to talk to them the 17th of this month. Thanks for the tips guys.