brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Dec 16 17 3:59:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Papa Roach in 2011
PostPosted: Dec 11 10 9:06:30 pm 
Hardcore Fan

Starstruck wrote:
I've never taken mentions of collaborations as concrete because I believe the band was answering as to who they would LIKE to collaborate with. Not what was in their actual plans. I'm sure they could have access to Eminem, it was just a hypothetical question.

That's true, but it did seem to me like they were very exited about the possibility. I can't help but wonder tho what Eminem would say about it.

PostPosted: Dec 15 10 1:27:31 am 

Quote:
Papa Roach’s new single Burn is a one-fingered salute to their former record label, says frontman Jacoby Shaddix.

The band are still fighting their way through a messy split with Geffen/Interscope in the US – and Shaddix say they’re still owed a “good chunk” of money from their former stable.

He tells RockAAA: “There’s a lot of two-faced shit in this business. Geffen/Interscope pissed me off – it was a really bad ending with them.

“They released a greatest hits record against our will. We told them we didn’t want to do it because we were at completely the wrong point in our career.

“They owe us a good chunk of money and they don’t want to give it to us. We’re like, ‘Fuck you, we’re done.’”

Shaddix says the band are in a much better position with new label Eleven Seven – and hints the band’s next album might be inspired by dubstep music.

He explains: “The only thing that kept us going is writing new music and playing shows. But we’re on the other side of that now. We can do exactly what we want to do – which we’ve always done, but with the support of the record company it’s great.

“I’m listening to a lot of electronic music music just now. I discovered the dupstep scene about a year ago – it’s cool, really beat-oriented. But it has a hard, aggressive sound too.

“We’re not going to turn into a dubstep group but we might use the groove. I love some of the keyboard sounds – they’d be cool in the background of some Roach tunes.”

It’s a good distance to travel for a band who managed to shake off the ‘nu-metal’ tag. Shaddix says: “We’re just a hard rock band. We have elements of so many niche genres and we’re kind of genre-less, which is a great thing.”

http://www.rockaaa.com/news/papa-roach- ... label-1410

PostPosted: Dec 15 10 2:00:48 am 

ajm wrote:
Quote:
Papa Roach’s new single Burn is a one-fingered salute to their former record label, says frontman Jacoby Shaddix.

The band are still fighting their way through a messy split with Geffen/Interscope in the US – and Shaddix say they’re still owed a “good chunk” of money from their former stable.

He tells RockAAA: “There’s a lot of two-faced shit in this business. Geffen/Interscope pissed me off – it was a really bad ending with them.

“They released a greatest hits record against our will. We told them we didn’t want to do it because we were at completely the wrong point in our career.

“They owe us a good chunk of money and they don’t want to give it to us. We’re like, ‘Fuck you, we’re done.’”

Shaddix says the band are in a much better position with new label Eleven Seven – and hints the band’s next album might be inspired by dubstep music.

He explains: “The only thing that kept us going is writing new music and playing shows. But we’re on the other side of that now. We can do exactly what we want to do – which we’ve always done, but with the support of the record company it’s great.

“I’m listening to a lot of electronic music music just now. I discovered the dupstep scene about a year ago – it’s cool, really beat-oriented. But it has a hard, aggressive sound too.

“We’re not going to turn into a dubstep group but we might use the groove. I love some of the keyboard sounds – they’d be cool in the background of some Roach tunes.”

It’s a good distance to travel for a band who managed to shake off the ‘nu-metal’ tag. Shaddix says: “We’re just a hard rock band. We have elements of so many niche genres and we’re kind of genre-less, which is a great thing.”

http://www.rockaaa.com/news/papa-roach- ... label-1410

Its sad to hear Coby say "Managed to 'shake off' the nu-metal tag"
Wasn't that also the best point in their career?

PostPosted: Dec 15 10 4:18:26 pm 
Board Slut

GO MORE ELECTRO!

PostPosted: Dec 15 10 7:03:16 pm 
Administrator

Early tour w/ Buckcherry

South America w/ Motley Crue

Headline US Tour

Europe

Japan/Australia

Then new album

PostPosted: Dec 15 10 9:01:13 pm 
Hardcore Fan

is this fact or what you are expecting???????

"and I give these words to you ...because music is energy, and Papa Roach is energy and we are heart and we are soul and we are passion. So this is yours, this music is yours..............."
"But the rest is really connecting with Kate." "Kate is meant for blasting" "Can't wait till I have Kate on my hands." "Kate came today, i like her!"

PostPosted: Dec 15 10 9:08:41 pm 

They say it all here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA1B07jXKGg

PostPosted: Dec 17 10 8:43:14 pm 
Groupie

That actually sounds like they're touring the US in May (maybe?).
I will be there at that time...
That would REALLY be a dream coming true seeing them live in their home country :o
BUT the US is big, haha.

20/04/09 Cologne ** 24/04/09 Berlin ** 25/04/09 Vienna ** 27/04/09 Munich ** 10/06/09 Bremen ** 13/06/09 Waldrock ** 26/06/09 Graspop ** 29/09/09 Wiesbaden ** 01/10/09 Tilburg ** 02/10/09 Dortmund ** 20/07/10 Nuremberg ** 10/08/10 Wiesbaden

PostPosted: Dec 18 10 11:36:49 am 
Board Slut

:D