brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Dec 17 17 1:10:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Original P-Roach Questions
PostPosted: Feb 05 11 9:48:11 am 
Administrator

Following on from that recent awesome interview. What questions would you ask?

I'd ask. Do you think you'd have had the same success with Scars if you'd used the original video?

And, you?

Post subject: Re: Original P-Roach Questions
PostPosted: Feb 05 11 11:41:00 am 
Board Slut

Would you have evolved towards the same musical direction (Kate/TFA) with Dave still in the band? Why? Do you miss Dave's contributions as a songwriter/lyricist?

PostPosted: Feb 05 11 12:53:50 pm 
Board Slut

What kind of toothpaste does Jacoby use?

Sorry.

PostPosted: Feb 05 11 1:07:53 pm 
Administrator

Any more crap like that and I'll just delete it. This is a serious thread Alex.

PostPosted: Feb 05 11 2:10:53 pm 
Board Slut

Sorry. It's out of my system now. Serious ones to come.

PostPosted: Feb 06 11 2:35:25 pm 
Board Slut

The Pepsi thing, did you really sign up on that for the second TATA video? If so, why?

PostPosted: Feb 06 11 7:50:59 pm 
Groupie

what was the best producer you have worked with? +(this has to be included in the question):
DO NOT bullshit me by saying blabla, theyre all good, PICK ONE AND GIVE A REASON :)

(I think coby would go with benson...)

PostPosted: Feb 09 11 12:08:16 am 
Groupie

additionally I would like to know if jacoby split the money he made via mtv scarred with the other band members,,,?

PostPosted: Feb 09 11 12:41:10 am 
Board Slut

Taegeukgi wrote:
additionally I would like to know if jacoby split the money he made via mtv scarred with the other band members,,,?

Just curious, but why'd you want to know?

PostPosted: Feb 09 11 1:08:42 am 
Groupie

well, seeing how close the guys are, I think its a good chance that he did it, which would be really cool IMHO.
I mean, he is just so popular because of the band, dont you think it would be fair to split?

additionally, I am wonderng how wealthy the guys are...I think they made a good chunk of money with infest and the touring of LHT (which was enormous...), but in recent times it is unlikely that record sales added much to their income dont you think? that leaves touring and I do not have the first clue what you can make lets say with an appearance at RAR or a tour with Nickelback or Buckcherry...

I guess I am simply not sure if all of them are wealthy. If the financial situation of one of the guys would be getting tough I'd like to think that the other guys would step up...they always seem like a family..and splitting the money from scarred would have been a nice gesture..I think...

PostPosted: Feb 09 11 1:56:40 am 
Board Slut

Taegeukgi wrote:
well, seeing how close the guys are, I think its a good chance that he did it, which would be really cool IMHO.
I mean, he is just so popular because of the band, dont you think it would be fair to split?

additionally, I am wonderng how wealthy the guys are...I think they made a good chunk of money with infest and the touring of LHT (which was enormous...), but in recent times it is unlikely that record sales added much to their income dont you think? that leaves touring and I do not have the first clue what you can make lets say with an appearance at RAR or a tour with Nickelback or Buckcherry...

I guess I am simply not sure if all of them are wealthy. If the financial situation of one of the guys would be getting tough I'd like to think that the other guys would step up...they always seem like a family..and splitting the money from scarred would have been a nice gesture..I think...

I think the vast majority of their money comes from royalties that Last Resort gives them. Although that's not to say that the touring doesn't keep them plugging along these days. As a working class guy that's be my guess on their money situation anyway.

As for Scarred... probably not. I get where you're coming from. He got that role because of Papa Roach, and Papa Roach is four guys after all. However, it's highly doubtful they'd split the earnings they get from side projects outside of Roach. Mainly because I doubt they'd have to.

PostPosted: Feb 09 11 11:54:01 am 
Administrator

Having a little experience in this game I can say that cash comes from publishing and merch. There is little cash left in cd sales these days. It all adds up, but the expense of recording for what you get in return isnt huge.

PostPosted: Feb 09 11 4:38:16 pm 
Hardcore Fan

They tour their asses off non stop, I'm sure they are loaded. And the royalties certainly help. They might not get the kind of cash flow that bigger arena/stadium acts do, but I would guess Jacoby, Jerry and Tobin could all retire now and live pretty comfortably. I don't think any of the guys live in a mansion or anything like that and they all seem to have a pretty good head on their shoulders regarding business.

I admit I would be curious to hearing exactly what their income is, but I wouldn't expect them to say, nor is it really anyone's business.

PostPosted: Feb 09 11 7:13:56 pm 
Administrator

I remember Coby's house being pretty nice from the Cribs episode he did years ago. But quite frankly it's none of our business how much money they have or what they do with it.

2003: best avatar | 2005: best moderator / best signature | 2006: best avatar / hottest board member [male] / board member that makes the most sense | 2007: best thread writer | 2008: best moderator / best avatar / worst avatar
-
facebook | twitter | flickr | last.fm | IMDb | Words on pictures

PostPosted: Feb 11 11 2:36:52 pm 

they don't care about money ... they just sing baai ;]

PostPosted: Feb 22 11 11:48:39 am 

ok, this isnt something id ask proach personally, but just you guys relating to the income topic, do you's think the guys would be millionaires ?

also, a few questions id like to ask them personally .....

To Jacoby, lets say the next album is a total flop and you are arguing with the band alot over it, say another band with better opportunites that are doing really well come's along and offers you the opportunity to leave papa roach, provide a secure lifestyle and front their band, would you ever consider it ???

To Tony - Their has been some truely great drummers in the world, 2 favourites of mine would be joey jordison from slipknot and travis barker from blink 182, what drummer, past or present, dead or alive would you most love to do a duet with and why ?

PostPosted: Feb 22 11 11:20:35 pm 
Hardcore Fan

I'm sure they are all millionaires, and if Tony isn't yet then it is only a matter of time. Jacoby wouldn't leave P-Roach just because an album under performs, there last couple of releases haven't sold anything like their first few releases, but that hasn't stopped them. Most of their income comes from touring and merch. The guys have said repeatedly that they are a "live" band. It is all about the touring for them, which they do plenty of, so they are already no doubt living comfortably and as I said a few posts above, they probably could call it quits right now and not have to worry about finances.

I'm not trying to speak for Jacoby, but he has made it clear before that he has no interest in joining any other bands or start a side project because he can let all of his creativity out in Papa Roach. I feel safe as a fan and long time follower of this band. I don't see them breaking up any time in the near future, or ever trying to replace Jacoby if he did ever leave. It was messy with the split with Dave and they had some rough periods in the LHT era, both were close calls, but the guys stuck it out and marched on strong when they could have easily ended it all.