ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Dec 11 17 4:55:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dave talks about Papa Roach & why he left the band
PostPosted: Mar 04 11 2:38:46 am 
Groupie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5DcP7UPvG4

Man, I've missed hearing Dave.

"I think it's important because kids can connect. They don't feel so alone. When they hear those lyrics they realize there are other people out there who have been through the same stuff and are getting through it. I don't think it's anything consciously done. We write about things that have happened to our singer, specifically, and friends around us. It's real life stuff. We're not writing about shit that we don't know about, like girls and cars and money – sex, drugs, and rock and roll. We only know real life bullshit that happens." -Tobin Joseph

‎"I saw you getting shoved around in the crowd. Well, when I could see you between the people towering over you. You okay?"

Post subject: Re: Dave talks about Papa Roach & why he left the band
PostPosted: Mar 04 11 4:13:16 am 
Administrator

That was good, first ever interview about it all I believe.

PostPosted: Mar 04 11 12:53:34 pm 
Board Slut

The most interesting section was the shortest, which was a shame. I have been dying to hear something though, so it's nice.

PostPosted: Mar 05 11 10:09:48 pm 
Groupie

The whole thing's very sad. Papa roach, for me, hasn't felt like papa roach since he left. It's a shame they all don't keep in touch any more, that really surprised me... If memory serves right, to the press at the time it was put across as a very amicable departure, but this talk proves otherwise. You don't just drift apart from your brothers of 20 years for no reason.

PostPosted: Mar 05 11 11:02:51 pm 
Administrator

Well, it's actually more difficult than you would think. A circumstance brought them together and the circumstance continues but without one of them so it's difficult to maintain the friendship you had before because that friendship created the circumstance that brought them together in the first place.

It's like, if the band had split up entirely then I'm sure they'd all still talk. However, sometimes things happen that change lives forever. I think they will be friends further down the line, but somethings are just life changing, and sometimes it's too painful. No matter what Dave says too there must be a little bitterness inside him. So, it isnt very straightforward. A truely fucked up situation, I've been through it with a lot of bands, obviously not to the same degree, but my point is once you lose what brought you together in the first place then your friendships will never be the same again.......until the next lifechanging experience comes along.

Dave was at the gig the other day so it cant all be bad.

PostPosted: Mar 06 11 10:56:07 pm 
Groupie

Yeah I totally agree with what your saying Dom, plus the lifestyle of a rock band is fast enough as it is. They barely get enough time to spend with their family, surely.

I just think it's such a sad thing that kids I know that are just a couple of years younger than me have no idea he was ever in Papa Roach, since they only really started listening to them with the release of Metamorphosis, aren't interested in their earlier stuff at all. Might be me just being a saddo though, I held a bit of candle for Dave, I always thought he was a great character!

"Elizabethan English" will never die...

PostPosted: Mar 07 11 4:11:19 am 
Groupie

SLAVETOTHESYSTEM wrote:
No matter what Dave says too there must be a little bitterness inside him.

I'm doing this 30 day picture challenge on facebook and today was a picture of your favorite band. I put Papa Roach on there and for the caption I wrote "Heart, soul, life, passion. 'Nough said." and Dave commented on it and said "Correction. Now it's heart, Tony, life, passion. Ha!" then 10 minutes later, he deletes it and says "Dont mind me, im just being dumb." He deleted that comment as well. I thought it was funny and took it as a joke but after seeing his second comment, I'm not so sure what he meant by it. Either way it gave me a good laugh. I hope he knows that even though the fans like Tony, we still love and miss dB.

"I think it's important because kids can connect. They don't feel so alone. When they hear those lyrics they realize there are other people out there who have been through the same stuff and are getting through it. I don't think it's anything consciously done. We write about things that have happened to our singer, specifically, and friends around us. It's real life stuff. We're not writing about shit that we don't know about, like girls and cars and money – sex, drugs, and rock and roll. We only know real life bullshit that happens." -Tobin Joseph

‎"I saw you getting shoved around in the crowd. Well, when I could see you between the people towering over you. You okay?"

PostPosted: Mar 07 11 3:54:26 pm 
Board Slut

Considering how the media is, I'm surprised he posted it in the first place. To be honest I can see how that might be a joke, but it's easier to see it out of context of whatever Dave was thinking when he posted it.

PostPosted: Mar 07 11 11:12:17 pm 
Hardcore Fan

By saying "Heart, Tony, Life, Passion" I can only interpret that as the "soul" of PR left when he left and now all they have is Tony. Then again, that's only how I see it. I love and miss Dave and all, but that's a dick thing to do.

basictheory wrote:
so money

PostPosted: Mar 08 11 10:57:43 am 
Board Slut

His voice sounds very unfamiliar...

like totally weird...

@fb comment: I don't think he was trying to be a dick. He probably misses playing in PR, can't blame him for that. Tony is doing a great job as a drummer, but other than that he probably has not much to say in the band.

PostPosted: Mar 08 11 7:41:18 pm 
Groupie

Sounds like a slightly bitter, off-colour joke that he quickly realized shouldn't be shared in such a situation.

PostPosted: Mar 08 11 11:37:02 pm 
Groupie

xxJerryHortonIsLife wrote:
SLAVETOTHESYSTEM wrote:

I'm doing this 30 day picture challenge on facebook and today was a picture of your favorite band. I put Papa Roach on there and for the caption I wrote "Heart, soul, life, passion. 'Nough said." and Dave commented on it and said "Correction. Now it's heart, Tony, life, passion. Ha!" then 10 minutes later, he deletes it and says "Dont mind me, im just being dumb." He deleted that comment as well. I thought it was funny and took it as a joke but after seeing his second comment, I'm not so sure what he meant by it. Either way it gave me a good laugh. I hope he knows that even though the fans like Tony, we still love and miss dB.

way to handle comments which have been deleted TWICE by a user - shout them out to the www

bravo

PostPosted: Mar 09 11 12:06:43 am 
Groupie

Taegeukgi wrote:
SLAVETOTHESYSTEM wrote:

way to handle comments which have been deleted TWICE by a user - shout them out to the www

bravo

People like you are the reason why I stopped posting on this forum. We're talking about Dave and how he's doing and how he feels about this situation. Whether or not he was serious in his post, at least it gives us SOMETHING. We haven't heard anything from Dave. The most we got was a status when this first happened saying "is not in a band." I couldn't imagine him talking negatively about Papa Roach in an interview when they seem to be on okay terms. Saying something as public as an interview may just cause more problems. I thought some Papa Roach fans might like to know what he said so that's why I went here and ONLY here. I wouldn't post it on the forum on PR.com for obvious reasons. Whether or not he meant it, he still posted it. Maybe he is a bit bitter. Maybe that's why he wrote it. Who knows.

PostPosted: Mar 09 11 1:27:37 pm 
Groupie

People like you are the reason why I stopped posting on this forum. We're talking about Dave and how he's doing and how he feels about this situation. Whether or not he was serious in his post, at least it gives us SOMETHING. We haven't heard anything from Dave. The most we got was a status when this first happened saying "is not in a band." I couldn't imagine him talking negatively about Papa Roach in an interview when they seem to be on okay terms. Saying something as public as an interview may just cause more problems. I thought some Papa Roach fans might like to know what he said so that's why I went here and ONLY here. I wouldn't post it on the forum on PR.com for obvious reasons. Whether or not he meant it, he still posted it. Maybe he is a bit bitter. Maybe that's why he wrote it. Who knows.

geez, you make it sound as we have a right to know.
I think its nice that you want so share information with us. but please count all your "may", "whether or not", "maybe" or "mights" and decide for yourself if posting this here was worth it while going against Dave's wishes.
He deleted those posts for a reason.
respect that.

People like you are the reason why I stopped posting on this forum

please, do.

PostPosted: Mar 09 11 3:04:11 pm 
Administrator

Anger.....rising

PostPosted: Mar 09 11 5:45:36 pm 
Board Slut

Taegeukgi wrote:

I think its nice that you want so share information with us. but please count all your "may", "whether or not", "maybe" or "mights" and decide for yourself if posting this here was worth it while going against Dave's wishes.
respect that.

please, do.

She didn't use those comments to portray Dave in a negative way. It was a vessel to discuss something with other people who might care. He mentioned something very interesting about a situation we all like to know more about, she just shared that. Dave was a very important part of a very important band to a lot of people here, it's not like we're discussing him with no relation to the band. No one here has used these to comment on Dave in a personal manner.

Sure he deleted the comments so he obviously doesn't want them out there. But if he felt so strongly about how they might get taken, or what'll be said about them. He wouldn't have posted anything in the first place.

Lighten up. She did fuck all wrong.

PostPosted: Mar 09 11 10:00:53 pm 
Board Slut

syntheticroach wrote:
Taegeukgi wrote:

respect that.

please, do.

She didn't use those comments to portray Dave in a negative way. It was a vessel to discuss something with other people who might care. He mentioned something very interesting about a situation we all like to know more about, she just shared that. Dave was a very important part of a very important band to a lot of people here, it's not like we're discussing him with no relation to the band. No one here has used these to comment on Dave in a personal manner.

Sure he deleted the comments so he obviously doesn't want them out there. But if he felt so strongly about how they might get taken, or what'll be said about them. He wouldn't have posted anything in the first place.

Lighten up. She did fuck all wrong.

Agreed