brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Dec 12 17 3:13:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: F.E.A.R. Track-by-Track review (Translated from French)
PostPosted: Oct 29 14 8:49:18 pm 

I found a nice track-by-track review, and I thought I'd translate it to you.
Keep in mind that I am nowhere near a professional translater , and since this article is from France, many expressions differ from my native language (Canadian-French from Quebec).
So I did the best I could ! :)

You can find the original here : http://www.alternativnews.com/2014/10/c ... d.html?m=1

01 - FACE EVERYTHING AND RISE :
The tone is rapidly set, and the first big chorus , Papa Roach style, comes banging. The song structure is simple, and Jacoby brillantly uses some screaming. The song introduce once again new electronic sounds, sharper than what we're used to.

02. SKELETONS : This song is on a slower tempo than the opening track, and it showcases a solid bass line during the verses. The structure is once again simple and efficient, and the guitars sound like old-school 2000s Papa Roach. We can also notice a nice subtle touch of electronics on the bridge.

03. BROKEN AS ME : The "booming" production, and the composition of the song is completed by the great drum parts (notably the use of the kick and snare). A "Korn-Like" chorus is in place during the bridge and intro, where Jacoby showcases once again his screaming talents.

04. FALLING APART : The lead guitar is much present in this song, and the melody constitutes the base of the song. Our favorite song so far has once again a big chorus, and heavy rythm guitars.

05. LOVE ME ‘TIL IT HURTS : This 5th song opens up on an electronic intro, with a slowed down tempo. There's a flagrant difference between the pure Papa Roach choruses, and the verses that sound dangerously similar in style to Nickelback.

06. NEVER HAVE TO SAY GOODBYE : This song is the definition of a ballad, if not for the chorus who has blends of heavy guitars and electronic samples + piano.

07. GRAVITY (featuring Maria Brink of IN THIS MOMENT) :This song is the most "experimental" from the album, where Jacoby dives back into rap during the 3 verses, on a slowed-down tempo and simple drums. The bass has the best effect, and the chorus are perfectly handled by Maria Brink, successfully blended to the voice of Jacoby.

08. WAR OVER ME : The intro, who also is the pre-chorus, showcases a much more technical use of the drums, contrasting with the choruses and their structure who are once again simple yet efficient.

09. DEVIL : Another straight-up ballad, where the bass takes the lead and is put up front during the verses, whereas the choruses are marked with high-pitched notes. "Devil" is another of our favorite from this album. This songs appears to be the most progressive sounding of the album.

10. WARRIORS (featuring Royce da 5’9) : Nothing more to say. "Warriors" has been chosen as the first single from the album, to quote Jacoby « only to make people buzzing », U
A song who delves much into electronics, showcasing a short rapped intervention from Royce Da 5'9. It is not representative of the sound of the album at all.

To conclude, the album delivered by these Californian rockers is relatively short (no more than 35 minutes), but the compositions seem excellent and really are reminiscent of "old-school" papa roach, in their simple structures, the heavy guitars and the heavy choruses. The electronic sounds who could have shocked some fans on The Connection are more evenly balanced on this album, only partially used, and are there only to modernize the overall sound of the album. The album appears to us as their most complete of their career, blending all the sounds from past and present Papa Roach. But, as Jacoby stated in the interview, the band always allow themselves some kind of openness for what's next, which is represented by the song "Warriors", who is totally and voluntarily different from the rest of the album.

Post subject: Re: F.E.A.R. Track-by-Track review (Translated from French)
PostPosted: Nov 01 14 3:21:38 pm 

Good work man! Thanks!!