brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Oct 24 17 10:24:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Don't lock my topic.
PostPosted: Dec 16 06 2:51:15 pm 
Here in my Stoned Head

I want a serious discussion here - In my time at BrokenH I have not known many to be banned, one guy was banned for trying to hack the board, and I can't really remember the others, and then all of a sudden a spate of bannings.

If Dom is at the point where he needs to ban people to keep the board up to his standards, then surely the Mods, Ben and Zach aren't doing their job properly.

Which leads me onto another point, why the fuck is their an Important Announcement for Pictures of people's food, wtf, yeah thats a topic, not an announcement. And that topic, 'what you listening to mother fucker' is just an excuse for people to rack up their post counts.

And also, can someone appoint Lizilla a Mod of Grammar or something and let her enforce some sort of english standard on this board - it doesn't have to be as perfect as an essay, but when someone can't even go a sentence without spelling something wrong, or writing so incoherently that it gives me a headache trying to decipher the post with no full stops, or lack of grammer in general.

P.S anyone who tries to correct my grammer gets roshamboed across the internet. I thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 16 06 3:06:43 pm 
Board Slut

in my eyes, the "what are you listening to now motherfucker" thread is just an easy way to expand my musical knowledge. A lot of people on the board listen to another type of music, and since they write what they're listening to, you might give it a try...

you're absolutely right about food album, i barely openit, and if i open it, i don't even feel like writing a comment about it. who cares about the stuff that someone else eats :-?

I know english is the main language on the board, but there are a lot of people on here who don't speak english as first language, hell, they don't even teach it to me anymore at school (too bad though). But you'll just have to accept the fact that there are a lot of people who can't properly write it...

and about the bannings, well, it's an online messageboard, but even here are rules, if you don't follow them, you're screwed. a lifetime banning is maybe a little exaggerated, but i think warningpoints would be right on its place. when you got 3 of them or something, you'd be banned for a while...

DJpsycho wrote:
Wim, you are my hero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 16 06 9:30:30 pm 
Board Slut

Liz a grammar Mod ? isnt that a little extreme... what is she going to do ban IP's when someone doesnt spell something right ? or go through every post and correct peoples mistakes ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 06 12:28:38 am 
Here in my Stoned Head

StichinRagDolls wrote:
Liz a grammar Mod ? isnt that a little extreme... what is she going to do ban IP's when someone doesnt spell something right ? or go through every post and correct peoples mistakes ?

Well I was half joking, I don't mean english needs to be perfect. But when I literally cannot read someone's post because of the bad spelling and lack of full stops, it gets annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 06 12:38:00 am 
Board Slut

it does get annoying when people dont use periods. Im guilty of it myself lol Someone pointed it out how annoying it is and now I make sure I use them now. So just tell that person

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 06 2:21:29 pm 
Board Slut

Mystic-Blaster wrote:
in my eyes, the "what are you listening to now motherfucker" thread is just an easy way to expand my musical knowledge. A lot of people on the board listen to another type of music, and since they write what they're listening to, you might give it a try...

word, "cracking up your post count" is soooo 2004. :P

Click to unveil the spoiler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 06 5:00:50 pm 
Board Slut

Mystic-Blaster wrote:

See i kind of agree with this, i often open that topic purely out of interest of what other members, especially ones i know pretty well, are listening to. BUT the food topic, is just hilarious, since it opened i posted that it states "other issues is not talking about any old bullocks but issues actually worth discussing" but there is no doubt that the Food topic is random bullocks!

With the banning.... im a little undecided. Some of the decisions and things Dom has said i completely agree with, the board has been ransacked with random people and negative posters. Yes, we all are guilty of it on some things but some people have surpassed the level of where its acceptable. Adir for instance (you know i love you man, but im just saying) basically posts random shit on a daily basis... and although im usually laughing my arse off at them.... it rarely has any relevance to Papa Roach or the topic even. If this was any other member or a new member i would definitely say to Ban them... but Adir is a family member and therefore banning him was unnecessary.

I think ive made my point clear. Marcus was it correctly written?

Ps Marcus watch Match of the Day 2 tonight, fucking nice goals all round! :D

Tobin wrote:
I dont like biscuits

VIVA LA CUCARACHA!!

Post subject: Re: Don't lock my topic.
PostPosted: Dec 17 06 7:38:30 pm 
Administrator

Enjoy Marcus wrote:
I want a serious discussion here - In my time at BrokenH I have not known many to be banned, one guy was banned for trying to hack the board, and I can't really remember the others, and then all of a sudden a spate of bannings.

If Dom is at the point where he needs to ban people to keep the board up to his standards, then surely the Mods, Ben and Zach aren't doing their job properly.

Which leads me onto another point, why the fuck is their an Important Announcement for Pictures of people's food, wtf, yeah thats a topic, not an announcement. And that topic, 'what you listening to mother fucker' is just an excuse for people to rack up their post counts.

And also, can someone appoint Lizilla a Mod of Grammar or something and let her enforce some sort of english standard on this board - it doesn't have to be as perfect as an essay, but when someone can't even go a sentence without spelling something wrong, or writing so incoherently that it gives me a headache trying to decipher the post with no full stops, or lack of grammer in general.

P.S anyone who tries to correct my grammer gets roshamboed across the internet. I thank you.

Well the reason for banning The PapaRoacher I think is perfectly acceptable. It's good when the band post on this board as we are privy to the latest news such as when Jerry posted about the new single, so when people like The PapaRoacher post first with a swipe at the band it's bang out of order. I dont think we'll see Jerry posting back anytime soon.

Anyway, I let it slide as I'm not trying to censor people and I have to be democratic. Then, a topic is posted about Roach playing Winnipeg and again he responds instantly with "The only reason I'd go watch them is to throw shit at them" or words to that effect. Now, why would we want someone like that on the board just to promote the fact that they dont like P-Roach? It isnt asked for or required.

Let's get the facts straight too Marc, you mention a "spate" of bannings. Besides him who else have I banned now or ever? I couldnt name many. I banned Adir but it was an over-reaction and he was reinstated. I'm not trying to censor or crack down on people but some peoples' input isnt wanted here. Speak your mind by all means, but if people are here just to take shots at other people and waste theirs and everyone elses time then yes they will be banned.

If you ask me, with regards to this board the rulings are pretty lax so I dont think there is any need for you to cause unecessary unrest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 06 10:18:19 pm 
Here in my Stoned Head

I just wanted a debate, maybe The PapaRoacher was out of line, but come on, give him a warning at least, and yeah, appoint a new mod. Someone who can deal with problems without the need to lock, ban, or ignore the topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 06 11:19:04 pm 
Administrator

Enjoy Marcus wrote:
I just wanted a debate, maybe The PapaRoacher was out of line, but come on, give him a warning at least, and yeah, appoint a new mod. Someone who can deal with problems without the need to lock, ban, or ignore the topic.

I'm more than happy to discuss anything with you Marc. If you want a thorough debate then I'm your man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 18 06 5:17:51 pm 
Board Slut

the board is great, actually, the only threads getting locked recently were the threads in this section and my thread about dumb polls, and thats like, the worst thread ever.

ALTHOUGH the locking was replaced with a lot of threads dissapearing :wink:

OT:

i really want this thread to get locked, without regarding the content of the actual thread, just to see the name of it locked. fucking ace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 18 06 6:05:57 pm 
Here in my Stoned Head

SLAVETOTHESYSTEM wrote:
Enjoy Marcus wrote:

I'm more than happy to discuss anything with you Marc. If you want a thorough debate then I'm your man.

Lol, ok then, lets debate if man ever actually landed on the moon..... I believe not....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 18 06 6:53:58 pm 
Board Slut

Lol?

Post subject: Said Moon Landing
PostPosted: Dec 18 06 7:57:09 pm 
Administrator

Enjoy Marcus wrote:
SLAVETOTHESYSTEM wrote:
Enjoy Marcus wrote:

Lol, ok then, lets debate if man ever actually landed on the moon..... I believe not....

Neither do I. Feel free to start a debate in the Other Issues section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 18 06 8:07:24 pm 
Board Slut

I for one would like to see Marc re-instated as a mod, Ben went from being on the left to somewhere between Dom's buttcheeks

http://www.twitter.com/bingeMAFIA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 18 06 8:09:58 pm 
Board Slut

what? no, we love ben.

i say we should get an african person to sign up to the board and make him a mod, just for diversity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 18 06 8:16:41 pm 
Board Slut

I like ben more then Marc. Marc will just go on a cruised to ban everyone and there will be more pointless topics like this one floating around

I like a negro mod that will fix everything
I wanna apply to the United Negro College Fund and if they turn me down Im just going to call them all racist 8)

Last edited by StichinRagDolls on Dec 18 06 8:36:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.