brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Sep 20 17 6:46:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Forum Software Upgrade
PostPosted: Dec 15 07 6:00:51 pm 
Offline
Board Slut
User avatar

Joined: Sep 07 07 12:33:01 am
Posts: 2358
Hey there!

Changelog is visible to public on here, thus I was able to see which version we use here currently!

It's phpbb version 2.0.20 :lol:

There's already phpBB version 3 out, though I think it's not 4 free...

I would feel safer if an admin could upgrade to at least v 2.0.22, because there are only np exploits for this version...

Just a suggestion, no offense...

_________________
Alejandro wrote:
Broken image, all a scrimmage. It feels bad to have a broken avatar, cryin by yourself, livin in a broken schmavitar.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 15 07 6:23:05 pm 
Offline
Board Slut
User avatar

Joined: Oct 29 04 6:00:56 pm
Posts: 2253
Location: Belgium
http://www.brokenh.net/phpBB3/

_________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/thehourglassinstinct


DJpsycho wrote:
Wim, you are my hero.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 15 07 6:38:51 pm 
Offline
Board Slut
User avatar

Joined: Sep 07 07 12:33:01 am
Posts: 2358
and why was it on shush mode until now? :roll:


btw: phpBB v3 stable is already out since Thursday...

_________________
Alejandro wrote:
Broken image, all a scrimmage. It feels bad to have a broken avatar, cryin by yourself, livin in a broken schmavitar.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 15 07 6:55:10 pm 
Offline
Board Slut
User avatar

Joined: Oct 29 04 6:00:56 pm
Posts: 2253
Location: Belgium
dunno, this one works fine, doesn't it?

_________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/thehourglassinstinct


DJpsycho wrote:
Wim, you are my hero.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum Software Upgrade
PostPosted: Dec 15 07 11:15:56 pm 
Offline
Board Slut
User avatar

Joined: Sep 07 05 10:25:17 pm
Posts: 3597
Edacious P wrote:
Hey there!

Changelog is visible to public on here, thus I was able to see which version we use here currently!

It's phpbb version 2.0.20 :lol:

There's already phpBB version 3 out, though I think it's not 4 free...

I would feel safer if an admin could upgrade to at least v 2.0.22, because there are only np exploits for this version...

Just a suggestion, no offense...


I read that as 90% jiberish

_________________
Knee Cap wrote:
looked like he just picked a few random posts and made the whole board look like nu-metal refugees who have 'vacaville' tatooed on their chest

Facebook.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 16 07 12:48:49 am 
Offline
Board Slut
User avatar

Joined: Feb 17 04 9:32:39 am
Posts: 11418
Location: Sactown
it's actually 2.0.21, but i've been hesitant to upgrade to .22 or 3.0 because of the amount of modifications to the forum i've made, i'd have to re-do them. this set-up works fine and is stable, and .22 is just a minor revision.

the phpBB3 forum was just a test. nothing really to see there.

_________________
XmodXsquadX
LIFE WILL KNOCK ME DOWN
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 07 1:06:37 am 
Offline
Board Slut
User avatar

Joined: Aug 31 04 10:53:42 pm
Posts: 2220
Location: For the last time, Turk, I'm Dominican! Why'd you tell JD our baby's blaxican?
we old school..

_________________
Sig Version 4.0...Guess the Movie (ask for a hint)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 07 1:43:06 am 
Offline
Board Slut
User avatar

Joined: Aug 22 06 8:42:45 am
Posts: 5230
Location: Bristol, England
Disturbed1313 wrote:
we old school..


yeah CJ. You right, fool.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 07 11:26:25 am 
Offline
Board Slut
User avatar

Joined: Sep 07 07 12:33:01 am
Posts: 2358
basictheory wrote:
it's actually 2.0.21, but i've been hesitant to upgrade to .22 or 3.0 because of the amount of modifications to the forum i've made, i'd have to re-do them. this set-up works fine and is stable, and .22 is just a minor revision.

the phpBB3 forum was just a test. nothing really to see there.


:cry:

What are the big modifications like you did here? Except the "Secret Santa" and the "Broken H anual awards", which I think are external scripts introduced by ben, r8?

I just found the PP thingy, which is embedded anyways...

_________________
Alejandro wrote:
Broken image, all a scrimmage. It feels bad to have a broken avatar, cryin by yourself, livin in a broken schmavitar.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 07 1:04:53 pm 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sep 17 02 8:26:16 pm
Posts: 13989
Location: England.
While i'd love to take credit for all Zach does he did all the secret santa and awards stuff (I just came up with the SS idea, and the awards have been going on since 2002), but no, that's not what he means.

Off the top of my head Zach has installed the "report post" add-on which no-one uses anymore, the word verification when new users try to sign up to stop bots and several other little fixes that make the board run nice and smooth. As Zach said this board works fine, is safe (what are you actually afraid of when it comes to your safety?)

Zach discussed upgrading to 3 over a year ago but if he says it's more hassle than it's worth to upgrade then I believe him, he does shit like this for a living.

_________________
XmodXsquadX
-
2003: best avatar | 2005: best moderator / best signature | 2006: best avatar / hottest board member [male] / board member that makes the most sense | 2007: best thread writer | 2008: best moderator / best avatar / worst avatar
-
facebook | twitter | flickr | last.fm | IMDb | Words on pictures


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 07 1:48:33 pm 
Offline
Board Slut
User avatar

Joined: Nov 20 06 11:22:51 pm
Posts: 2432
Location: London
Edacious P wrote:
basictheory wrote:
it's actually 2.0.21, but i've been hesitant to upgrade to .22 or 3.0 because of the amount of modifications to the forum i've made, i'd have to re-do them. this set-up works fine and is stable, and .22 is just a minor revision.

the phpBB3 forum was just a test. nothing really to see there.


:cry:

What are the big modifications like you did here? Except the "Secret Santa" and the "Broken H anual awards", which I think are external scripts introduced by ben, r8?

I just found the PP thingy, which is embedded anyways...


Not much respect shown here by new comers to people that actually make this board anymore

_________________
This...Is my Signature....YER!! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 07 5:46:46 pm 
Offline
Board Slut
User avatar

Joined: Feb 17 04 9:32:39 am
Posts: 11418
Location: Sactown
There are quite a few bug fixes that address issues with running a php4 app on php5, such as not being able to add or remove moderators from the database, also rss feeds, report posts, some admin panel addons, custom captchas, auth Apis for the SS & voting app and a few things I've forgotten.

Other than the server being slow sometimes- everything is pretty smooth and stable, but I have to give fissionweb kudos for that.

So unless you guys want to upgrade to phpBB 3, I'll update to .22 tonight.

_________________
XmodXsquadX
LIFE WILL KNOCK ME DOWN
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 07 6:24:33 pm 
Offline
Another Gig Virgin
User avatar

Joined: Feb 17 04 4:41:27 pm
Posts: 4256
Location: Argentina
Honestly, i dont really care much about this.
I mean, board is working great, isnt it? So why the need to upgrade? Is it gonna get any better?

_________________
[2006] Nicest Board Member [2008] Nicest Board Member


Go deep. The deeper you go the more likely you will discover something of value.
Capture accidents. The wrong answer is the right answer in search of a different question. Collect wrong answers as part of the process. Ask different questions.
Don’t be cool. Cool is conservative fear dressed in black. Free yourself from limits of this sort.
Stay up late. Strange things happen when you’ve gone too far, been up too long, worked too hard, and you're separated from the rest of the world.
From Bruce Mau's Incomplete Manifesto


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 07 6:55:23 pm 
Offline
Board Slut
User avatar

Joined: Sep 07 07 12:33:01 am
Posts: 2358
YanPR wrote:
Honestly, i dont really care much about this.
I mean, board is working great, isnt it? So why the need to upgrade? Is it gonna get any better?


It's because of security purpose, newest software = safer than old one...

_________________
Alejandro wrote:
Broken image, all a scrimmage. It feels bad to have a broken avatar, cryin by yourself, livin in a broken schmavitar.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 07 7:01:00 pm 
Offline
Board Slut
User avatar

Joined: Feb 17 04 9:32:39 am
Posts: 11418
Location: Sactown
not necessarily, OSX Leopard shipped with a security hole that had been originally fixed in tiger.

:wink:

_________________
XmodXsquadX
LIFE WILL KNOCK ME DOWN
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 07 7:02:14 pm 
Offline
Board Slut
User avatar

Joined: Sep 07 05 10:25:17 pm
Posts: 3597
Edacious P wrote:
YanPR wrote:
Honestly, i dont really care much about this.
I mean, board is working great, isnt it? So why the need to upgrade? Is it gonna get any better?


It's because of security purpose, newest software = safer than old one...


honestly, it's sad that you are worrying about stuff like that

_________________
Knee Cap wrote:
looked like he just picked a few random posts and made the whole board look like nu-metal refugees who have 'vacaville' tatooed on their chest

Facebook.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 17 07 8:33:05 pm 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sep 17 02 8:26:16 pm
Posts: 13989
Location: England.
Indeed, what's the worst that's gonna happen? Someone steals your message board handle? Unless you've saved your credit card details on your profile page? :P

_________________
XmodXsquadX
-
2003: best avatar | 2005: best moderator / best signature | 2006: best avatar / hottest board member [male] / board member that makes the most sense | 2007: best thread writer | 2008: best moderator / best avatar / worst avatar
-
facebook | twitter | flickr | last.fm | IMDb | Words on pictures


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group