brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Dec 18 17 1:41:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 20 06 4:39:56 pm 
Hardcore Fan

I only hope for good sales, so that papa roach can loooooong exist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 20 06 7:59:25 pm 
Hardcore Fan

It's all well and good saying "fuck the sales, we love the album", but if it sells really badly and the Roach get dropped from Geffen or something, it'll be a pretty hazy future :-/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 20 06 11:20:31 pm 
Groupie

Kirkus wrote:
It's all well and good saying "fuck the sales, we love the album", but if it sells really badly and the Roach get dropped from Geffen or something, it'll be a pretty hazy future :-/

I feel exactly the same! It just sucks that this album doesnt/wont get the credit it deserves!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 21 06 8:20:14 am 
Hardcore Fan

RuudWils wrote:
woodley wrote:
I never said i cared about sales, i was just expressing my opinion!

It was just in general... not towards you Woodley :D

What i mean is just listen to music you like, not to music what sells alot...

stop being a stupid. if we wanted to listen to music that sells alot we wouldnt be on this board. we care about papa roach, not the other fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 21 06 10:54:56 am 
Dutch Cookie Man

cuidado wrote:
RuudWils wrote:
woodley wrote:

stop being a stupid. if we wanted to listen to music that sells alot we wouldnt be on this board. we care about papa roach, not the other fans.

I agree! Saw a lot of fans come and go in my time as a member of the Papa Roach board, don't care about other fans anymore (except for a few, of which i know are hardcore fans from the start!)... PR just have to keep on making music the way they like it and i'm sure they'll continue to have more than enough fans... it's all about their energy i think in their music and on stage...

42. "The Jochum Meester Memorial"- given to the board member who best exemplifies the qualities of class, cuteness, innocence, and nymphomania the way Mr. Meester himself did when he was still alive
RuudWils (3 votes)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 21 06 2:02:35 pm 
Hardcore Fan

cuidado wrote:
RuudWils wrote:
woodley wrote:

Yeah that's definitely exactly how most of us feel. Okay so I really do care about Papa Roach, and I'm passionate about the music. It's because of that that I want them to get sales and get noticed. I won't like them any less if they don't make mondo sales, but it's just the thought of them getting dropped for lack of sales, it'd fuck them over big time.

Then again even if they did get dropped I don't think they're ever gonna give up (woooooah they'll never give in!) making music. It'd be kinda cool if they went independant again and did another OFFYY 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 21 06 5:01:39 pm 
Board Slut

The only thing that gives me hope is there are a lot of bands that never do half as good as Papa Roaches worst (sale wise/popularity) but have been around for ages. as long as the band have fans they arent going to pack it in. which to be honest is my biggest fear on this subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 21 06 5:33:39 pm 
Board Slut

As mine is too, Papa Roach splitting would be devasting for me, id be truly gutted.

But as they said, i only hope for good sales so that Papa Roach can long exist, if it sells badly, they will eventually get dropped, its inevitable.

Tobin wrote:
I dont like biscuits

VIVA LA CUCARACHA!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 21 06 5:35:26 pm 
Hardcore Fan

woodley wrote:
As mine is too, Papa Roach splitting would be devasting for me, id be truly gutted.

I don't wanna even image that :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 21 06 6:11:04 pm 
Hardcore Fan

woodley wrote:

But as they said, i only hope for good sales so that Papa Roach can long exist, if it sells badly, they will eventually get dropped, its inevitable.

If they drop them then its on the record companys head for not doin enough for them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 21 06 7:13:08 pm 
Hardcore Fan

KK_RoAcH wrote:
woodley wrote:

If they drop them then its on the record companys head for not doin enough for them

I still think they're better off without Geffen. It's almost as though they just have P Roach on the side as an extra money earner, but they don't care about promoting them. There has been some much nicer merch this time, and the CD itself is great. Apart from that there's no store promotion, no single promotion (no single CD for one thing!) and no media promotion at all.

The only time (apart from one guy from work) I've actually met someone who isn't on here that has heard/bought TPS was when I went to see them in Manchester. Otherwise nothing. Only someone I work with came in one day before the Manchester gig and said "hey have you heard the new Papa Roach song, it's fucking great!" He still listens to TBL now and I've sent him some other stuff, but this is just ONE person.

ONE person out of the thousands that went absolutely bollock crazy when Infest came out. It's getting worse each time and I just really hope that A) Geffen get their act together and promote some more and B) More people start listening to the new material without saying "Oh my god Papa Roach! Aren't they that sweaty greebo band with that song about killing yourself? Why do I need music like that when I have true rock music like The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs and Arctic Monkeys?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 22 06 8:06:17 am 
Hardcore Fan

Kirkus wrote:
KK_RoAcH wrote:
woodley wrote:

I still think they're better off without Geffen. It's almost as though they just have P Roach on the side as an extra money earner, but they don't care about promoting them. There has been some much nicer merch this time, and the CD itself is great. Apart from that there's no store promotion, no single promotion (no single CD for one thing!) and no media promotion at all.

The only time (apart from one guy from work) I've actually met someone who isn't on here that has heard/bought TPS was when I went to see them in Manchester. Otherwise nothing. Only someone I work with came in one day before the Manchester gig and said "hey have you heard the new Papa Roach song, it's fucking great!" He still listens to TBL now and I've sent him some other stuff, but this is just ONE person.

ONE person out of the thousands that went absolutely bollock crazy when Infest came out. It's getting worse each time and I just really hope that A) Geffen get their act together and promote some more and B) More people start listening to the new material without saying "Oh my god Papa Roach! Aren't they that sweaty greebo band with that song about killing yourself? Why do I need music like that when I have true rock music like The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs and Arctic Monkeys?"

man I am starting to think that nearly all of us here are the same interms of being the only person we know (apart from here) who know about whats goin on with papa roach.
But I will say this, thank god we have this place where we can talk about them because if we didnt then who knows.

Guys I know we get dissed for being 'negative' about the sales but for god sakes, the album isnt doing anything, its a bit hard not to bitch about a band we love so much thats not egtting enough respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 22 06 8:42:23 am 
Hardcore Fan

respect is one of the hardest things to come by in today's world..hell I know from personal experience...but papa will get what they deserve one day...we need alot of patience..but ppl can't ignore proach forever..they r not going away.they keep making like their namesake and proving ppl wrong..if time has taught us anything about this exceptional band..it's that they are suvivors..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 23 06 6:55:28 am 
Hardcore Fan

if they wonna sell records they should turn emo, like full emo like Panic! at the gay bar and fall out fag.
thats what todays rockers are playin by the sounds of things

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 23 06 9:34:01 am 
Hardcore Fan

KK_RoAcH wrote:
Panic! at the gay bar

Haha :lol: ace

But you're right, and it's sad. The only way bands will make serious big moolah is by immitating everything else, and P-Roach aren't like that, which is great. I love the fact that my favourite band do their own thing, even when their own fans oppose their new style (*cough* GAWM) they still do what they like doing and we stick by them.

If they did become 'emo', or conform to the styles of today I wouldn't listen to Papa Roach any more, but I know they never will. People can try and class them as emo as much as they want, with songs like Scars, but in the end Coby didn't write it to be emo, he wrote it because it meant something to him.

I just wish more damn people in the world would have that attitude. To do something even though they know that people are gonna criticise them for it. That's my life in a nutshell really, I've always been like that. If a famous band in the charts earning money from album releases can have that attitude aswell then why can't any old Joe Bloggs in the street think like that? I hate society right now, it is shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 23 06 9:47:00 am 
Groupie

Kirkus wrote:
KK_RoAcH wrote:
Panic! at the gay bar

Haha :lol: ace

That's so stupid that it made me laugh. :lol: Well, that and I'll jump on any anti-Panic bandwagon. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Oct 24 06 7:26:43 am 
Hardcore Fan

I dono if this is the best time to bring this up but, why does every one disslike GAWM?
I love that album 8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next