brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Aug 18 17 11:45:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sep 22 06 2:22:23 am 
Hardcore Fan

Dunno how long it'll be up. Me and my friends are downloading it like crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sep 22 06 3:24:57 am 

My Curse is giving me goose bumps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sep 22 06 6:21:54 pm 
Worthless Canadian

Oh my, I'm going to need a towel for this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sep 22 06 6:57:04 pm 
Worthless Canadian

I only listened to three ("As Daylight Dies", "My Curse", and "Desperate Times") and all I can say is that life is amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sep 22 06 10:43:22 pm 

I'm downloading now.

I already know I'll be buying this album the day it comes out.

KSE is my favorite band, however, I much much much prefer them with Jesse Leach on vocals instead. (Jesse is in the band Seemless now for those who don't know).

*Edit*

This is disappointing. I know it's not the whole album, but 5 songs is a damn good taste of what to expect from an album. And they've touched a little too deep into the "emo" side with this one. Alive or Just Breathing is the most perfect album ever. The End of Heartache is just a damn good album. And the new one is just an expansion of the last one, with more of the "emo" to it, which for some bands it works really well, but not KSE. But it doesn't matter... I still love this band, I just wish Jesse could do Killswitch and Seemless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sep 23 06 1:54:47 am 
Worthless Canadian

Emo? Damn dude, it sounds like text book KsE to me. Entitled to your own opinion, of course, but I think any one of these songs could have been on The End Of Heartache. And that's not a bad thing. I love that record.

I agree that Jesse is a great vocalist, however you've got to admit that when Howard delivers the clean vocals he's got one mean set of pipes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sep 23 06 2:05:05 am 

I think that they are running out of ideas, and Howard's clean voice is WAY too predictable and forced. Especially on this new album.

I can't and won't deny that Howard is great vocalist. But Jesse Leach is the best. But I'm not just saying that for KSE... Jesse Leach is my most favorite vocalist, ever. I also sometimes wish that Phil Labonte would've replaced Jesse, but then we wouldn't have All That Remains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sep 23 06 2:19:55 am 
Worthless Canadian

All That Remains write solid songs, and Phil has an amazing voice. When he switches it up and goes in that throaty wail (like Mike Williams of The Agony Scene, and Adam D), oh man, it's killer. So much passion. I take it you have the new record, eh? We've all had some upsetting experiences with females before, so I won't deny that "Six" can get me a bit emotional.

Anyway, hmm, I know what you mean by it being predictable and forced. Predictable? Maybe, but come on man. It's Killswitch Engage. Would we want anything else? And forced, well, I find it's always sounded like that. Howard has a very thick and heavy voice (a guy I know calls him "The Bear"), so to get it out it sounds as though he really has to push, it sounds almost dry sometimes. I'll give you that one, but personally it doesn't sound forced on purpose.

I've been disappointed with new material before, I know where you're coming from. Maybe it's just me, but I always find it kind of weird to hear new stuff from a band you already like. It feels odd. So, yeah, if KsE are your favourite band and you did in fact like The End Of Heartache, it shouldn't take long for these songs to grow on you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sep 23 06 2:32:05 am 

Of course, I have This Darkened Heart and The Fall of Ideals. Six is probably my 2nd favorite song from ATR.

I think they sound forced on purpose. It doesn't flow and "come natural" as does Alive or Just Breathing. It sucks that they put all their effort into a great (first) major release, and then can't properly follow it up.

I do like TEOH, I like it a lot. But there were filler tracks. AOJB had none, and even the songs that didn't make the album were more than amazing.

And from these 5 songs, I can tell that I like TEOH more, which is why it's disappointing. It's just hard to get over the fact that they are not the band they were, and all the promise and expectation they had is gone. They may get more popular and sell more records nowadays, but it doesn't mean that they are a better band now then what they were with Jesse.

I love when bands do something different and try something new, or have a new direction. But the direction KSE started going in with TEOH, and now definitely with the new album... it just isn't working. And Howard's voice is partly to blame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 21 06 11:47:51 pm 
Worthless Canadian

Fuck yes, boys and girls. Amazing.

I have bought a ton of records that were good right from the get-go, but I can honestly say this is the first time I've actually been pissed off that it had to end.

"The Arms Of Sorrow" (I think?) is an amazing song. Check this shit out kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 22 06 1:52:59 am 

anybody get the iTunes Track "Let The Bridges Burn" ????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 24 06 7:54:26 pm 
Board Slut

my curse is no. 1 on mtv2s chart, plus, i found out that their singer is black :o

Click to unveil the spoiler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 24 06 8:24:42 pm 
Insomniac

Knee Cap wrote:
my curse is no. 1 on mtv2s chart, plus, i found out that their singer is black :o

haha yep, it used to be another vocalist long ago. i was shocked too, in 2003 i think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 25 06 2:48:26 am 
Worthless Canadian

I think I'm the only person on the face of the planet that prefers Howard to Jesse. He is a damn machine. Bow down.

Oh and "My Curse" is probably one of the weaker songs. The record is amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 25 06 3:26:11 am 
Time Bomb

i think the CD is boring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 25 06 3:21:26 pm 
Hardcore Fan

Bought the cd 3 days ago.

I think it is amazing. Some really good powerballads,
some sick riffs.

End Kevin I prefer also Howard above Jesse.
Do you have their DVD, also amazing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 26 06 3:04:10 am 
Worthless Canadian

Nah, I was thinking about buying it, but I knew I'd only watch it once or twice so there was no point. I've seen a few vids from the DVD on YouTube though, and they were awesome.