brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Jul 25 17 1:34:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Two Nights with Papa Roach in Sacto
PostPosted: Feb 27 11 9:00:47 am 
International Board Slut

BOMB OF DEATH!

:lol:

ADIR FOR EVER!

PostPosted: Feb 27 11 3:24:45 pm 
Board Slut

I guess Coby came up with it while he took a hot steamy one right before the show started.

PostPosted: Feb 28 11 5:36:20 am 
Administrator

Both shows were killer, no real set suprises although they played Into The Light on the 2nd night which was really cool. No old stuff, nothing like that. The american crowds are pretty lax, usually when I leave a Roach show in the UK I can hardly stand so it was nice not to have the constant pressure of having to hold people off to maintain your spot for an hour and a half. I was right down the front both nights, totally awesome fun, really really enjoyed it. The band were on fire and both nights were ace. Got to hang out with Coby at the aftershow party on the 2nd night, was lots of fun, couldnt be happier with how things went.

PostPosted: Feb 28 11 5:53:03 am 
Hardcore Fan

Thanks for the review. I would love to see Into The Light.

"and I give these words to you ...because music is energy, and Papa Roach is energy and we are heart and we are soul and we are passion. So this is yours, this music is yours..............."
"But the rest is really connecting with Kate." "Kate is meant for blasting" "Can't wait till I have Kate on my hands." "Kate came today, i like her!"

PostPosted: Feb 28 11 6:03:31 am 
Board Slut

SLAVETOTHESYSTEM wrote:
Both shows were killer, no real set suprises although they played Into The Light on the 2nd night which was really cool. No old stuff, nothing like that. The american crowds are pretty lax, usually when I leave a Roach show in the UK I can hardly stand so it was nice not to have the constant pressure of having to hold people off to maintain your spot for an hour and a half. I was right down the front both nights, totally awesome fun, really really enjoyed it. The band were on fire and both nights were ace. Got to hang out with Coby at the aftershow party on the 2nd night, was lots of fun, couldnt be happier with how things went.

what did you chat about, anything cool you can share?

thanks for taking the time to review.

PostPosted: Feb 28 11 6:06:21 am 
Administrator

Edacious P wrote:
SLAVETOTHESYSTEM wrote:

what did you chat about, anything cool you can share?

thanks for taking the time to review.

We just kicked it, started singing Thrown Away when I brought it up which was funny and he said how much he liked that song. Other than that it was just standard chat, what's up, what you doing here, etc etc. It was just good fun, hanging out, drinking and having a laugh. Good times man.

PostPosted: Feb 28 11 6:09:05 am 
Administrator

Oh, they have an insane new intro in to Forever which is fucking sick too. I think a vid has already been posted, but it's mega. Also, both nights Tobin did the BAAI outro, just on his own onstage and it was fantastic. Just like the old days.

PostPosted: Feb 28 11 6:09:35 am 
Board Slut

I went crazy the second night after getting into a heated argument with some motherfucker in the crowd just before Roach went on.

Tobin playing the bass outro to Insects was a highlight.

PostPosted: Feb 28 11 6:12:50 am 
Board Slut

I know man, it's always the same, once you meet them you forget about the millions of questions you'd like to ask about.

Do you think he actually recognized you, maybe even knew your name? Since it wasn't your first encounter with him I guess...

Talking about the crowd I thought it was cool that Coby let them sing some of the more "unusual parts" of Blood Brothers. At least it hasn't happened at any Roach concerts I've been at recently or seen recently.

Right around the 2 minute mark is what I'm talking about:

What was the venue like? Any weird policies (weird for us in Europe&UK) like no moshing/crowdsurfing or you get kicked out?

P.S: Tobin's bass sound was top notch (you can even tell that from the shitty quality videos I've posted on the previous page)

PostPosted: Feb 28 11 6:14:32 am 
Board Slut

basictheory wrote:
I went crazy the second night after getting into a heated argument with some motherfucker in the crowd just before Roach went on.

Tobin playing the bass outro to Insects was a highlight.

What happened?

And fuckin A! His live bass tone is ridicilous.

PostPosted: Feb 28 11 6:20:46 am 
Board Slut

SLAVETOTHESYSTEM wrote:
The band were on fire and both nights were ace.

Just noticed the intended pun there :lol:

PostPosted: Feb 28 11 6:22:22 am 
Board Slut

Coby Dick

PostPosted: Feb 28 11 6:28:18 am 
Board Slut

7d is rockin' it or were you shooting with a smaller digicam?

Does he have a goatee going or is it just spit/whatever?

PostPosted: Feb 28 11 6:33:01 am 
Board Slut

Yeah the Canon 7D with a Canon 16-35mm L glass.
Most of the photos ended up just meh, actually. I was drunk.

PostPosted: Feb 28 11 8:03:27 am 
Board Slut

Hopefully someone uploads the Forever vid from Sat night. Loved the intro, had hints of My Heart is a Fist and I was half cocked. Worth going to both shows for the slight variation of setlist, intros, and songs. Kinda weird, the girl I was standing with on Fri turned out to be "bartending" on Sat, loose word because the Ace of Spades doesn't have a liquor license.

Was slightly disappointed the crowd didn't know many of the words except for the slow stuff and a couple hits, least in the area I was standing.

Lows: Setlist length, but for the crowd I think it was on point. Fans who've seen PR in the double digits would likely want live favorites from shows past.

Highs: Blood Brothers, on that note glad Dave showed up. Unfortunately, I was on mexican time and missed him. Not too mad though because I know I'll run into him in the future, love that guy. BWN, DWE got a surprising reaction considering the crowd was more into the last 2 albums. I thought it deserved plays both days. Broken Home got played only on Friday however there was a large British man with fingerless gloves going absolutely ballistic throughout the whole thing.

Awkward: Got to the hotel at 8:30pm rushing because the show's already an hour in, have to check in then walk to the Ace of Spades which is a good 20 min walk. I run into Tobin in the lobby, who must have been on mexican time as well. The next day coming back from lunch I hop in the elevator on the 2nd floor(parking level) and who's in there? Tobin again. Like Zach said, as if elevators weren't awkward enough already.

http://www.twitter.com/bingeMAFIA

PostPosted: Feb 28 11 8:35:43 am 
Board Slut

Edacious P wrote:
What was the venue like? Any weird policies (weird for us in Europe&UK) like no moshing/crowdsurfing or you get kicked out?

That's pretty standard at legit venues here. Otherwise, it was like normal and ground(ctrl) handles the site/ticketing. They just need to get a liquor license. Security guys were pretty legit too.

PostPosted: Feb 28 11 3:25:25 pm 
Administrator

Dave was there?

2003: best avatar | 2005: best moderator / best signature | 2006: best avatar / hottest board member [male] / board member that makes the most sense | 2007: best thread writer | 2008: best moderator / best avatar / worst avatar
-
facebook | twitter | flickr | last.fm | IMDb | Words on pictures

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next