brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Dec 17 17 10:26:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Clifton Park
PostPosted: May 25 11 6:59:29 pm 
International Board Slut

Same setlist. Not much to say except that I really didn't like Pop Evil and Escape the Fate :( Just not my taste. The crowd seemed to like both though, because they showed up early for them and knew some of the songs. Once again the crowd was awesome. I think they've been getting better over time. Here's some meh photos and a cool clip of the beginning of Enemy:

Jacoby crowdsurfing while singing (I think it was 'Lifeline')

Sorry for the blurriness. I'm still trying to understand how my new camera works and haven't figured out why it sometimes focuses my video and sometimes does not.

ADIR FOR EVER!

Post subject: Re: Clifton Park
PostPosted: May 30 11 11:40:23 pm 
International Board Slut

Apparently they played Not Listening the night after Clifton Park. Dammit. :evil:

Proof they did so. Otherwise why the fuck did this person post this video. Stop posting shaky nonsense, concert people!

ADIR FOR EVER!

PostPosted: May 31 11 9:09:37 pm 
Hardcore Fan

Jacoby posted a blog a couple weeks ago on proach.com talking about wanting to bring back older songs into the set since they are getting tired of the same set and he wanted to brush up on not listening first. good to see they played it, but i still have a tiny minuscule amount of hope they will bring back at least 1 infest track n 1 lht track. at this point, when the band talks about older material, they are likely gonna be referring to gawm n tps.

after seeing them live again recently , i cant complain too much about the set, cuz they never fail to put a A+ gig.

PostPosted: Jun 01 11 6:11:15 am 
International Board Slut

They can still surprise. It took me til '09 to see "The World Around You" played once and I haven't seen it since. Another time, in '07 after they'd stopped playing it, they broke out "Take Me." And obviously this tour, "Crash" and "Not Listening" showed up out of nowhere. They brought back My Bad Side for a second on the TPS tour and I still swear I heard Snakes on the GAWM tour reworked in some fashion at one show. Who knows what could pop up. And yeah, GAWM stuff now falls under the 'old stuff' category cus believe it or not, it came out 7 years ago now. :o Crazy.

ADIR FOR EVER!

PostPosted: Jun 01 11 4:44:00 pm 
Hardcore Fan

Yea, I don't doubt they will throw in surprises, but it's probably not much of a priority for them. They know they still get a decent amount of old school fans that come see them live, and it's unlikely they will ever stop playing material from Infest, but it still gets mind numbingly frustrating at times when they neglect their most underrated album, Lovehatetragedy. It was great during the GAWM and TPS tours when they did the little remixes that included My Bad Side and Infest. It would be interesting if they did a medley of a few older songs. I think that would work well for them. And wow..yea GAWM is 7 years old, it is amazing how time flies. For many people, that is like P-Roach's 2nd first album lol..since it rebooted their career and exposed them to a whole new crowd. I have been a bit surprised that they haven't played more off that album considering its success.

PostPosted: Jun 01 11 5:53:16 pm 
International Board Slut

Well *cough* in the interview I did with them it was explained that they avoid that album because it's a bit tough for Jacoby to relive his LHT days even through song, so I guess we're lucky they do anything at all from it. And BWNDWE is an excellent choice! But I get what you're saying.

ADIR FOR EVER!

PostPosted: Jun 01 11 7:25:05 pm 
Hardcore Fan

Yeah, I remember reading your interview with them, which was a good read. But remember that live video chat they did with fans some months back (I forget what the thingy was called)...Jacoby said he was in a better state of mind and was willing to play more LHT material, and Tobin mentioned how he always gets on Jacoby about playing Tightrope, and that they were looking to add another slower song to the set like Decompression Period, etc. That chat got me exited, but nothing ever materialized from it yet. I think these current shows would be a good chance for them to have more flexibility with the set, since they aren't necessarily touring behind a new full length album.

PostPosted: Jun 01 11 10:44:13 pm 
International Board Slut

Well there's other things that go into a set like planning lighting and getting instruments set up for the song and all that. Having said that I've definitely seen other bands do on the spot requests (Springsteen, Green Day, Gaslight Anthem, Alkaline Trio for example). Hopefully in the future a set will include that stuff because it would be nice to see. But for the record, I absolutely hate medleys.

ADIR FOR EVER!