brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Dec 17 17 2:54:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Allentown/Oakdale
PostPosted: Jul 04 12 6:53:58 am 
International Board Slut

Saw them headline last night in Allentown and open for Shinedown tonight.

Allentown:
HOT AS HELL. Also, I really am not a fan of the Crocodile Rock setup AT ALL. YES I AM REALLY YELLING. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-E2cgohetfUY/T ... rowd+2.jpg That's their front row, and it's really tiny. The photo pit setup was crazy. I was about 5 inches from Jerry's face, which sounds cool, but isn't when your lens can't focus on extremely low-lit subjects that are too close. Plus the whole middle section of the photo pit was taken up by some weird boxes. As a result the 4 or 5 photographers there (including me) had to stay within a really tiny space. We had to pick Tobin or Jerry's side and just stay in one spot basically. We were tripping all over each other. I also felt stupid because I was RIGHT in fan's faces instead of having enough space where they could see over/around us. #PhotographerProblems

In This Moment was way heavier than I expected. I missed the other bands because I had to figure out where to park since I got there literally 2 cars before the nearest lot filled up and all the streets in Allentown are randomly One Way'd inconveniently. Also the 21+ line took a half hour, so by the time I got in it was around 8:30 FFS.

Papa Roach kicked ass. A couple change-ups on songs with some random electronic beats (I don't know how to describe it) in between songs. Setlist was as follows (not in order):

Last Resort
Dead Cell
Blood Brothers
Getting Away With Murder
Scars
Time Is Running Out
Forever
To Be Loved
Hollywood Whore
Lifeline
One Track Mind
Kick In The Teeth
The Enemy
Burn

In a weird personal note, I feel totally disconnected from the fans who come now. Everyone looks so goth-y while I'm walking around in a Clash t-shirt. Do you guys feel that way? Not that I have a problem with the new school fans, I just feel like I'm from a different era. I guess I am. Half cus I'm an old lady, though I do see people there much older than me now, but also cus I've been down with this band for so long.

Tonight:
They opened for Shinedown. The Shinedown crowd showed up early for them. Roach did a great job. I am always so proud of them when they rock a big house like tonight and also love that people have enough sense to get there in time for their set.

Setlist:
Last Resort
Getting Away With Murder
Scars
Forever
(I think To Be Loved too)
Hollywood Whore
Lifeline
One Track Mind
Burn
Kick In The Teeth

I've got photos from both shows that I'll post shortly. For now I just have this one to show you from Allentown:

Also, I got to interview Jerry today. I will have to spend some time transcribing before I can post anything. But to give you a preview, we discussed the anniversary of Lovehatetragedy and what the album and the whole experience means to him in retrospect, the thought behind their setlist, whether they'd do a show playing just one album and the new CD of course (what James Michael brings to the table, what show at Ace of Spades inspired them, etc.). /teaser

ADIR FOR EVER!

Post subject: Re: Allentown/Oakdale
PostPosted: Jul 05 12 2:24:56 am 
Hardcore Fan

Great review...as always. Cant wait to read the interview

"and I give these words to you ...because music is energy, and Papa Roach is energy and we are heart and we are soul and we are passion. So this is yours, this music is yours..............."
"But the rest is really connecting with Kate." "Kate is meant for blasting" "Can't wait till I have Kate on my hands." "Kate came today, i like her!"

PostPosted: Jul 05 12 10:52:56 am 
Board Slut

Love that pic! Also can't wait for the interview

PostPosted: Jul 09 12 7:37:26 pm 
Hardcore Fan

I'm a bit shocked they dropped BAAI from the set, that to me, is the definitive P-Roach anthem. Yes Last Resort is their most iconic track, but Insects is like a huge cult classic, and has defined them for the last 12 years.

Also, I'm anxiously awaiting this interview with Jerry, I'm sure it will be better then most interviews they get this year.

PostPosted: Jul 09 12 10:03:20 pm 
International Board Slut

Wait- I'm a jerk. They definitely played it in Allentown and maybe Oakdale. Sorry!

I'm gonna start transcribing today. Seeing as there's no Lancaster show now.

I didn't mention this cus I didn't realize at the time I posted this that he'd tweeted about his voice troubles (I didn't want anyone to worry/make judgements), but Jacoby was really struggling on Tuesday night at Oakdale. I am not surprised they canceled. His voice gave out on Hollywood Whore so much that I was cringing :( During "Scars" I just kept thinking "Let the crowd sing more!" After the first few songs of the set he pulled it together, but I was just really nervous for him the whole time.

Anyway, I hope he is taking care of himself!

ADIR FOR EVER!

PostPosted: Jul 09 12 11:47:18 pm 
Hardcore Fan

Ah well good to know they played it, but I haven't noticed any recent live videos of them playing it, just about every other song they played has been uploaded. I did notice in the live vids that Jacoby's voice has been a little rough, but he did post a pic on facebook of steroids he was prescribed for his vocals, so hopefully that helps.

I do regret not making the effort to see them this past Saturday in Atlantic City, but I wasn't excited enough about the set list, and the money to sleep in a hotel (I would of stayed at the same joint they stayed at, the Showboat!). I wasted enough money gambling in AC a couple months ago, anyways the crowd usually sucks in AC. I selfishly want them to play the Troc and/or Electric Factory in Philly!

PostPosted: Jul 10 12 12:18:50 am 
International Board Slut

I was going to drive to AC as well, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $125 for a Rodeway Inn in Absecon. I mean, the Super 8 was like, $150 per night whereas two weeks ago for Orion I paid $215 for 3 nights total at that same crappy Super 8
(that gave me dirty towels and a busted TV remote). Welcome to Jersey in the summer :(

Hopefully the Lancaster show will be rescheduled. Otherwise it's Uproar Fest the next time they're in town.

ADIR FOR EVER!

PostPosted: Jul 10 12 2:14:25 am 
Hardcore Fan

dirty towels and a busted tv remote seem to go hand in hand with rock n roll..but yeah some of those prices to stay a night is too much and not really worth it for anyone who has seen proach live several times. their uproar set probably wont bee too great, but they should at least play a couple new tunes so thats something to look forward too.

PostPosted: Jul 10 12 7:50:53 am 
Board Slut

Starstruck wrote:
Super 8

Well there's your problem. :)

PostPosted: Jul 10 12 8:26:47 am 
International Board Slut

Honestly since I've been roadtripping (about 8 years) I have only had about 3 or 4 experiences that were shady. I think that was the first time a Super 8 actually disappointed me.

Oh and hey- just learned Wyndham hotels don't give you your money back unless you cancel at least two days before your reservation. Most places let you do it the day of without a penalty. So that sucks.

ADIR FOR EVER!