brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Jun 25 17 2:51:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Omaha, NE 7/20/2012
PostPosted: Jul 22 12 6:45:46 pm 
Hardcore Fan

I am almost afraid to post my review because of how freaking amazing Lorraine is at it...but I will continue anyways. :wink:

It was a 3 hour drive for us (a very BORING 3 hour drive.) We basically drove right on the western border of Missouri and Iowa for the entire time. Talk about being in the middle of no where! We got there around 2:00 and expected to see a few people already in line. but no one was to be found. The club was really REALLY small. I think someone told us that it holds 500. They had a small parking lot beside the club which is not only where there bus parked but where we parked. We sat in the car most of the time before the show becuase of the heat. We got to talk to all of them before the show because they were walking from the bus to the building most of the day. I even got to talk to Bryson for a little bit (Coby's half bro.) I bought a VIP pass so around 5:00 we were taken inside the venue and were taken in one-by-one to talk to the guys. I thought this was amazing. Everyone got to spend a decent amount of one-on-one time with them without interruptions of other fans. I have met these guys a million times but I still get butterflies when I am heading to meet them. I walked in to the room and they all said "heeeeey!" and Jerry initiated a hug with me. I am thinking that Coby and Jerry are the only ones who recognize me and Rusty. After the hug Jerry said "hey look at her shirt." (I am sure you all have seen it but if not I will still post it down below) I told them how I have a degree in Graphic Design and that even though I graduated over a year ago I am only a Manager at a clothing store. :( Coby didnt hesitate in saying to Jerry "get her information" At first I thought "HOLY SHIT! REALLY?!" but afterwards I started thinking about it and thought would they reeeally follow up? Rusty went in to the radio vip later and asked coby if he was serious about the opportunity and he said yes. And after the show I asked Jerry as well if this was really going to happen and he also said yes and that he would hit me up on twitter. I still have some doubts but you never know I guess!

The show:
There were two opening bands who were local and I can't even remember their names. Roach kiiiillled it guys. I was drenched in sweat even before the 3rd song. Coby did his walk around the crowd (which I think is amazing) he even walked up to the balcony. His vocals sounded great if anyone was wondering. Coby and Jerry both interacted with us a few times during the show. Jerry sung with us numerous times, Coby asked if we were okay pointed to us and lipped that he loved us. AND this is what made the night UNFORGETABLE: right before they played Still Swingin, Coby started talking about old school fans. He pointed at us and said to the crowd "these two have been coming to our shows since 2000 and they have been a couple ever since" I think he said something else about it but I cannot remember. He came down during still swinging and gave Rusty the mic during the chorus. Still Swinging is killer live!

Here are pics of before and after the show. I did not take pics of vids during the show because I wanted to enjoy it and not just look at the show behind a camera.

"and I give these words to you ...because music is energy, and Papa Roach is energy and we are heart and we are soul and we are passion. So this is yours, this music is yours..............."
"But the rest is really connecting with Kate." "Kate is meant for blasting" "Can't wait till I have Kate on my hands." "Kate came today, i like her!"

Post subject: Re: Omaha, NE 7/20/2012
PostPosted: Jul 22 12 7:42:46 pm 
International Board Slut

First off- Kate you look amazing.

Second- thanks for the compliment :oops:

Third- sounds like it was worth that boring drive. I have one myself for another show tomorrow but the show is always worth the trouble! Even if they don't get in touch with you about your design talents, I'd just be flattered they thought enough to even say anything and that should give you some confidence at least!

I also know that feeling about the camera stuff- even though I LOVE taking photos, sometimes I go to shows without asking for a photo pass on purpose cus I just wanna be front row and enjoy everything.

ADIR FOR EVER!

Post subject: Re: Omaha, NE 7/20/2012
PostPosted: Jul 22 12 10:12:03 pm 
Board Slut

I've been waiting for this review cause you know I have to live through you guys :P

Sounds like an awesome time and you forgot to mention Coby posted your photo on instrgram :D