brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently May 25 17 9:02:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Uproar-Bonner Springs, KS- 8/17/2012 - ITS A LONG ONE GUYS
PostPosted: Aug 18 12 4:09:10 pm 
Hardcore Fan

Ok so, I have been waiting and waiting and WAITING to tell you guys this but I cannot hold it back from you all anymore. Just promise to keep it on this board....shhhh. I am designing shirts for Roach. Yes, yes...someone needs to pinch me. It started when we went to the show in Omaha. I made a shirt for the concert just for shits and giggles. I had tweeted it to Jerry and he seen it. I went into VIP and Jerry pointed out the shirt to the rest of the guys and Coby said "we need to get her info." I was shocked to say the least. A few weeks pasted and I didn't hear anything and started to give up. However! a couple of weeks ago I got an email from Global Merch from a guy named Ted Mattes asking me to call him. I called him and looooong story short I have two shirts printed for them. Also, and this is more exciting than anything right now. He has unoffically offered me a entry level position in LA for one of their new offices. I am going to get a call from him next week for all the details. Not saying that this is def going to happen because there are A LOT of factors that go into it but its something that I am for sure interested in.

Here is a pic of one of the shirts from last nights show. Oh and.....THEY SOLD OUT OF THEM!!!

On to last nights show.

I am rarely up front for an outdoor concert becuase of my anxiety but I managed through up until Godsmack. People went nuts. It wasnt that I was freaking out but I just couldnt enjoy the show when you constantly have crowd surfers coming right over your head and elbows in your ribs. Roach played 11 songs. Coby's voice sounded great. He did tell us that he will be having surgery on it at the end of the year. The set list goes as follows:
Burn
To be loved
GAWM
Silence is the Enemy (video below)
Scars
Kick in the teeth
Still Swinging
Last Resort (Different spot…whhhaaattt?!)
Forever
Angels and Insects
Lifeline

Being this close to Godsmack was preeeeety sweet.

After the show:

Ok so, last week I asked Jerry if there was any way I could thank them personally for basically jump starting my dream career and he said that he would pull us back after the radio show meet and greet at the show yesterday. I thought it would be a quick second to talk to them and then we would head back out to the show. But….no. They pulled us back after the whole show and took us on the bus. We spent two hours on the bus last night with Jerry, Coby, and shit faced Tobin. I spent the past two weeks making vinyl figurines for them and gave them to them last night. Here are a few pics of them.

This one is Cobys. “Steve Skully”

This one is Tonys. “Timmy Two Faced”

This is Tobins. “TOBOR”

This is Jerrys “Willie Whiplash”

I also gave them a blank one to decorate for my work desk which they are going to mail to me later.

"and I give these words to you ...because music is energy, and Papa Roach is energy and we are heart and we are soul and we are passion. So this is yours, this music is yours..............."
"But the rest is really connecting with Kate." "Kate is meant for blasting" "Can't wait till I have Kate on my hands." "Kate came today, i like her!"

Post subject: Re: Uproar-Bonner Springs, KS- 8/17/2012 - ITS A LONG ONE GUYS
PostPosted: Aug 18 12 4:41:23 pm 
Hardcore Fan

very nice :)

how was Silence Is The Enemy????
you have a vid?

PostPosted: Aug 18 12 5:11:41 pm 
Hardcore Fan

yeah I have a vid. Its almost done uploading

"and I give these words to you ...because music is energy, and Papa Roach is energy and we are heart and we are soul and we are passion. So this is yours, this music is yours..............."
"But the rest is really connecting with Kate." "Kate is meant for blasting" "Can't wait till I have Kate on my hands." "Kate came today, i like her!"

PostPosted: Aug 18 12 5:23:31 pm 
Hardcore Fan

PostPosted: Aug 18 12 7:52:51 pm 
Hardcore Fan

Holy fuck, Kate!! Congratulations! That's really incredible. I'm so happy for you! If anyone deserves something like this, it is definitely you. :) I wish you all the best with how everything's going! Next time I see Roach and they're selling one of your shirts, I'll definitely be picking one up!

basictheory wrote:
so money

PostPosted: Aug 18 12 8:04:43 pm 
Hardcore Fan

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! You know what would be awesome? If you all could post a pic of yourselves with shirt, if you get one!

PostPosted: Aug 18 12 8:05:51 pm 
Hardcore Fan

I am fucking beside my self with all of this. I have basically been living in a dream for the past month. None of this has really set in yet.

PostPosted: Aug 19 12 12:52:50 am 
Board Slut

Holy shit Kate that's AMAZING! I'm so happy for you. We all know you are such and amazing talented artist.

PostPosted: Aug 19 12 5:07:01 am 
Hardcore Fan

Also, I didn't realize we were on the same bus as Godsmack's drummer at one point last night.

PostPosted: Aug 25 12 11:02:47 am 
Crackhead

That is incredible news Kate, well done to you. All the best with that keep us updated.

PostPosted: Aug 26 12 2:41:10 am 
Hardcore Fan

Thanks everyone! Truly and dream come true. I will definatly keep you all updated.

I am suppose to be getting a call from Global Merch sometime in the next few days to do some serious talk about an opprotunity in LA

PostPosted: Aug 26 12 5:26:24 am 
Board Slut

I love the 'PR' here. Tattooable.

also: heh. "boner springs".

also: this is awesome kate, best of luck. LA is awesome.

PostPosted: Sep 01 12 2:42:53 am 
Hardcore Fan

So here is an update. I had a loooong talk with my contact at Global Merch and we decided to start out with me doing a freelance gig with them from here in KC before I decided on moving out to LA. I hope to be going to LA for a few days in the next few months to not only visit the city but to meet with them and see the studio.

PostPosted: Sep 01 12 5:53:41 pm 
Crackhead

I hate to be on the business end of this Kate but are you guys working out a contract? What will be the deal, a flat basic rate plus commission/percentage of sales? It's all very interesting and seems like a huge move for you. Is this long term? It's pretty mega.

PostPosted: Sep 01 12 9:54:59 pm 
Hardcore Fan

For now it will be on a per hour basis. I am suppose to be getting tax papers in the mail from him soon (hopefully with some of the roach shirts I did) I will be talking more about the "business" aspect of it more next week.

PostPosted: Sep 02 12 1:07:28 am 
Crackhead

kate-marie wrote:
For now it will be on a per hour basis. I am suppose to be getting tax papers in the mail from him soon (hopefully with some of the roach shirts I did) I will be talking more about the "business" aspect of it more next week.

Sweet, keep me posted. I have quite a bit of experience in this area so out of mutual interest I'd love to see what you work out. Either way, big break so excellent stuff.

PostPosted: Sep 02 12 7:47:24 pm 
infestworld.com

That's just awesome Kate. I'm happy for you! I'll get the shirt if I see it!