brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Aug 20 17 6:05:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Kansas City Rockfest May 11th 2013
PostPosted: May 12 13 8:34:25 pm 
Hardcore Fan

Lets start off with some images:

For our 10 year anniversary I took Rusty to the Home Opener for the Stl. Cardinals. Something he has been wanting to do forever. It sounds like something small but believe me when I say, it will probably be one of Rustys favorite memories. Rusty had the idea of taking me to Rockfest here in KC. 55,000 people and 12 bands. I have been to this particular festival with horrible anxiety attacks. I had written this Roach show off. Rusty contacted Jerry to see if there was any way to make this happen. He pulled it off and got us side stage during their set and we ended up staying backstage after. The set was great and it was a different perspective. They played Blood Bros. which surprised the hell outta Rusty and I both.

After the show we watched Seether on stage and talked to Tony a bit during the set. Afterwards we ran into Tobin and chatted. I also approached Ray and talked to him about merch sales and he told me that the v-neck that I designed is one of the best sellers. ( :D ) By the time we were talking to Ray we were by Roaches and Volbeats bus. We decided to stay a little bit to see if we could catch the other two to thank them. Coby came out and asked if we were sticking around for a while because he wanted to go see Alice in Chains play before we talked. He left and then we talked to Jerry for a while. After he went back inside we decided to go check out Alice in Chains. After we went back to the bus to wait a few mins for Coby (we were pretty beat, it was cold and we were ready to go home) While we were standing there a roadie from Volbeats band came up to us and introduced herself. She asked who we were and told her that we had been following Roach for 10 years and were waiting for Coby. She said "Well I was just wondering who was standing in my backyard. You are leaning against our trailer where I spend 250 days out of the year and I just wanted to know who was at "my house."" We kindly got off HER PRECIOUS trailer and seen her walk into Roachs bus (didnt think much of at the time because she was going in and out the whole time we were standing there) Soon after Ray came out and said roadies kinda get freaked out when they dont recognize you (we took that as our queue to leave). Ray said it in a VERY nice way and an am by no means upset at him (for one we left with his email so that he can send me as many shirts as I want! and for another I know he knew we werent just random fans standing there)

I should be happy and stoked about what happened yesterday and I am sure in a few days I will, but damn……… I am just pissed off and overwhelmingly embarressed today. do feel like a stalker because of her. I know I am not I am sure you all know that. But I hope that the guys know that too.

P.S. I really liked Volbeat until about 11:00 last night.

"and I give these words to you ...because music is energy, and Papa Roach is energy and we are heart and we are soul and we are passion. So this is yours, this music is yours..............."
"But the rest is really connecting with Kate." "Kate is meant for blasting" "Can't wait till I have Kate on my hands." "Kate came today, i like her!"

Post subject: Re: Kansas City Rockfest May 11th 2013
PostPosted: May 12 13 8:46:13 pm 
International Board Slut

That roadie was being a bitch and you probably just caught her on a bad day. If this is going to be her life, she's gonna have to get used to strangers being around "HER house" in every city. If she's that freaked out by it, then she should probably find another line of work. It's Papa Roach's house too, and you were invited guests. Too bad if she didn't like it, but she's not the boss.

Congrats to you and Rusty on your anniversary :)

ADIR FOR EVER!

PostPosted: May 12 13 11:18:11 pm 
Another Gig Virgin

Wow, that crowd was big.
And forget about that bitchy lady. It seems that all she needs is to get laid and release some hormones.

Go deep. The deeper you go the more likely you will discover something of value.
Capture accidents. The wrong answer is the right answer in search of a different question. Collect wrong answers as part of the process. Ask different questions.
Don’t be cool. Cool is conservative fear dressed in black. Free yourself from limits of this sort.
Stay up late. Strange things happen when you’ve gone too far, been up too long, worked too hard, and you're separated from the rest of the world.
From Bruce Mau's Incomplete Manifesto

PostPosted: May 12 13 11:24:02 pm 
Hardcore Fan

:lol:

"and I give these words to you ...because music is energy, and Papa Roach is energy and we are heart and we are soul and we are passion. So this is yours, this music is yours..............."
"But the rest is really connecting with Kate." "Kate is meant for blasting" "Can't wait till I have Kate on my hands." "Kate came today, i like her!"

PostPosted: May 13 13 9:17:46 am 
Board Slut

What Yan said, Happy anniversary!

PostPosted: May 14 13 7:32:36 am 
Board Slut

Very cool, and to quote everyone else - fuck that roadie lol