brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Jun 25 17 1:16:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Buenos Aires - August 12
PostPosted: May 16 13 1:52:47 pm 
Another Gig Virgin

So, I know this is a few months away, but yesterday Bubba was at the Chicago gig and he spoke to Jerry about me. He told him that apparently they are not meeting fans anymore, you need a VIP pass, and here, they are not selling them.
So, there goes my chance to meet the guys after 10 years waiting.
I am writing this here because I assume you would understand why I have this sad face right now.
Of course I'm still going, but it would have been nice to finally meet them.

Go deep. The deeper you go the more likely you will discover something of value.
Capture accidents. The wrong answer is the right answer in search of a different question. Collect wrong answers as part of the process. Ask different questions.
Don’t be cool. Cool is conservative fear dressed in black. Free yourself from limits of this sort.
Stay up late. Strange things happen when you’ve gone too far, been up too long, worked too hard, and you're separated from the rest of the world.
From Bruce Mau's Incomplete Manifesto

Post subject: Re: Buenos Aires - August 12
PostPosted: May 17 13 12:04:20 am 
Hardcore Fan

What do you mean by "not meeting fans anymore" ???

"and I give these words to you ...because music is energy, and Papa Roach is energy and we are heart and we are soul and we are passion. So this is yours, this music is yours..............."
"But the rest is really connecting with Kate." "Kate is meant for blasting" "Can't wait till I have Kate on my hands." "Kate came today, i like her!"

PostPosted: May 17 13 12:04:42 am 
Hardcore Fan

Also, Im sorry

"and I give these words to you ...because music is energy, and Papa Roach is energy and we are heart and we are soul and we are passion. So this is yours, this music is yours..............."
"But the rest is really connecting with Kate." "Kate is meant for blasting" "Can't wait till I have Kate on my hands." "Kate came today, i like her!"

PostPosted: May 17 13 12:32:40 am 
Another Gig Virgin

kate-marie wrote:

I don't really know. That's what Jerry told Bubba.
I suppose that they're not meeting new people?
Either way, I don't think I can meet them :(

Go deep. The deeper you go the more likely you will discover something of value.
Capture accidents. The wrong answer is the right answer in search of a different question. Collect wrong answers as part of the process. Ask different questions.
Don’t be cool. Cool is conservative fear dressed in black. Free yourself from limits of this sort.
Stay up late. Strange things happen when you’ve gone too far, been up too long, worked too hard, and you're separated from the rest of the world.

PostPosted: May 19 13 1:07:54 am 
Board Slut

Well that sucks :( I've been to 5 Papa Roach shows and the only time I met them was at the connection release party, I've never had luck meeting them at a show. Tobin walked past me once...lol

PostPosted: Jul 10 13 11:08:29 pm 
Board Slut

YanPR wrote:
kate-marie wrote:

I don't really know. That's what Jerry told Bubba.
I suppose that they're not meeting new people?
Either way, I don't think I can meet them :(

I have a hard time believing that.

https://twitter.com/jerryhorton/status/ ... 7928868866
Quote:
“@JAVFAITHINME: @jerryhorton Can we meet you usually after concerts if we can't pay VIP? If yes, where?” Usually by the buses

https://twitter.com/jerryhorton/status/ ... 2007740418
Quote:
“@Jeab0301: @jerryhorton are you happy to meet fans after shows at your bus?” Yea, they're the hardcore fans

PostPosted: Jul 14 13 4:34:21 pm 
Another Gig Virgin

Yeah, i know. I've been given bad info, dunno why tho.
Apparently there's gonna be a meet and greet, but i don't know who i should talk to about it.

PostPosted: Jul 14 13 7:02:04 pm 
International Board Slut

YanPR wrote:
Apparently there's gonna be a meet and greet, but i don't know who i should talk to about it.

Jerry always tweets to ask here: https://twitter.com/groundctrl
I don't know if they handle any international meet and greets, but they might be able to tell you who does.

ADIR FOR EVER!

PostPosted: Jul 14 13 9:42:40 pm 
Another Gig Virgin

Thanks!

PostPosted: Jul 18 13 1:20:32 am 
Another Gig Virgin

Starstruck wrote:
YanPR wrote:

I don't know if they handle any international meet and greets, but they might be able to tell you who does.

Ok, so i sent a message and they told me there are not gonna be any VIPs. So, who do I have to talk to? I'll become a whore if that's what it takes, so... give me a hand here please?

PostPosted: Jul 18 13 11:21:44 pm 
Hardcore Fan

YanPR wrote:
Starstruck wrote:
YanPR wrote:

Ok, so i sent a message and they told me there are not gonna be any VIPs. So, who do I have to talk to? I'll become a whore if that's what it takes, so... give me a hand here please?

I'm sure if anything changes with the VIPs, then it'll be tweeted on PR's Twitter account/Jerry's account as well as posted on their website. As far as I know, ground(ctrl) is who handles the meet and greet situations and sometimes there'll be an outside source like a radio station doing one. So in that case, I'd keep a lookout on any radio stations/sponsors for this concert to see if they're doing anything like choosing random winners for one and whatnot. I'd also keep checking this facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PapaRoachARG.Oficial They seem to be very active in keeping up with things.

Other than that, keep a lookout for the buses as well when you get there and wait out by them after the show! There's always usually a chance to talk to them then.

basictheory wrote:
so money