brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Oct 23 17 9:36:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: FEAR Tour (Winter 2015)
PostPosted: Jan 15 15 12:08:48 am 
Hardcore Fan

So I was lucky enough last night to catch P-Roach play the Electric Factory in Philly. I won't bore with the details of me and my friend getting stranded in the bitter cold on our way to the concert, or getting drunk before hand at a nice Olde City bar, but I'll say that by the time we arrived to the venue my phone was pretty much dead so no pics or video. Not that I normally take many good pics or video anyway at concerts, because I'm usually more into enjoying the moment and not worrying about my phone.

I got there towards the end of Seether's set. Luckily I had heard ahead of time that P-Roach were closing these shows, which is fucking great. As usual the Roach were on fire and never let up for the entirety of their nearly 70 min set. It flew by. They played 15 songs, beginning with F.E.A.R. and ending with Last Resort. So no big surprise there, and no encore. Here's the set, mostly in order:

Face Everything and Rise
Still Swingin'
Getting Away With Murder
BAAI
WDTAG
Broken Home
Forever
Scars
Lifeline
Infest
Broken As Me
Kick In The Teeth
To Be Loved
Burn
Last Resort

So nothing too special about the set. Other then the addition of Broken As Me and FEAR, no other new songs were played. And sadly no LHT or rarely played Infest classics. That was a big disappointment for me. It seemed like they were trying to change the set up a bit and play some different songs they haven't played in awhile, but I understand the decision to stick with the more well known and crowd friendly favorites. And I loved getting to hear Infest live, it was perfect. Broken As Me sounded just like the studio cut, fucking savage and Coby killed it on the vocals. They also prefaced Kick in the Teeth by dedicating it to two cancer survivors the band met before the show, and it was another perfect performance. Even though personally I would of preferred them switching out a few tracks for say Binge, Life is a Bullet and another new song, it is what is. I still thoroughly enjoyed the show and the crowd was jam packed and on fire. I'm still very much excited to hear the new album and see them again soon.

Post subject: Re: FEAR Tour (Winter 2015)
PostPosted: Jan 21 15 7:33:52 pm 
Hardcore Fan

I was also at the show.

I waited around after, pretty sure I even saw Lorraine.

PostPosted: Jan 21 15 9:29:45 pm 
Hardcore Fan

It would of been cool to meet up with you guys. I was towards the back of the crowd most of the night unfortunately and my friend Dan was in a rush to leave since we had to take SEPTA home lol. I def gotta buy vip tix next time..I kinda cheaped out this time.

PostPosted: Jan 21 15 10:13:25 pm 
Hardcore Fan

I was up in the bar area, I ain't trying to spend the night in the sweaty ass pit. I'm 28. If I didn't have my wife with me, I'd have been down there, but yeah..

PostPosted: Jan 23 15 5:47:47 am 
International Board Slut

Fuck yeah I was there

ADIR FOR EVER!

PostPosted: Feb 07 15 4:16:56 pm 
cacabonita

I just caught them at The Warfield in San Francisco on Thursday night. Setlist was:

Face Everything And Rise
Getting Away With Murder
Between Angels And Insects
Where Did the Angels Go?
Blood Brothers
Burn
Forever
Scars
Lifeline
Kick In The Teeth
Hollywood Whore
Broken As Me
Still Swingin'
...To Be Loved
Last Resort

Nice to see them sort of close to home. It sure seems to me like the band is kind of on the rebound popularity wise. They're starting to play larger venues than they've played in years past and the crowd seemed a lot more into it than the last handful of times I've seen 'em. Jacoby even mentioned that he remembered the last time he played that venue was 2002, when of course they were selling a lot more tickets. A bunch of the shows have been sold out thus far too so it seems like they're doing well right now.

For anyone else in the Northern California area check the other thread I created about a supposedly upcoming benefit/anniversary show in Vacaville on 4/18!

PostPosted: Feb 08 15 3:22:02 am 
Board Slut

Glad you made it to the show man, and thanks for posting the setlist. I was sure about most of the songs with Blood Brothers replacing Infest which I was bummed in missing, and Broken Home swapped for Hollywood Whore.

I was there in 2003 with about 12 of my good friends and we had a great time in the pit. Got there about 1:30pm and wasn't unusual to see Jacoby J walking across Market with his backpack and earbuds on, or Tobin walking with friends to get coffee. This was the big LHT tour and they came with Nonpoint, and Blindside. The set was about an hour and a half long with only 2 albums out compared to an hour now with 8 albums. Things I noticed between the two.

-Didn't see the usual faces I normally do. Looks to be an all new breed of fans spawned from 'Time for Annihilation' and 'The Connection'

-MUCH rowdier crowd this time around with a constant mosh pit on Jerry's side, people were definitely feeling it, spit sweat and water up in the air, constant crowd surfing!!

-Was not a sellout, the upper balcony had available seating, floor was pretty packed, I don't have a spreadsheet emailed to me so I'm not on the specifics. Although this was a Thursday night where '03 was on a weekend, Sunday. They had more friends/family sitting in the back in '03 compared to this time.

-Although shorter the set didn't feel like it, and came across much better then '03 bangin out hit after hit. Crowd was with every song. No time for the intro's and outro's of the '03 tour. Must be nice to have that much depth.

-'03 Jacoby came out with drumsticks on fire and banged out SID on a drum topped with lighter fluid making a fireball shoot up every time he hit the drum. He also swung the red microphone chord around his neck during M-80. '15 thanks to wireless technology he was able to walk in the crowd, walk the second level railing, and crowd surf his way back to the stage all while singing 'Burn.' While I was yelling "Mr. Shaddix your insurance no longer covers crowd surfing!!"

Great show, sucks it landed on a Thursday, posted a few pics on my twitter, lastly the mosh pit during 'Scars' is real. :o

http://www.twitter.com/bingeMAFIA

PostPosted: Feb 08 15 7:43:36 am 
cacabonita

I was right in the middle of those pits. During Scars when the two pits started to converge I was right in the center watching circle pits on both sides of me..amazingly no one hit me.

The crowd surfing was all pretty much due to two guys. The entire show they just stood there and tried to get anyone they saw walk by to crowd surf. He was begging me to do it and couldnt understand why I didnt want to (I dont want to get tossed over the rail and sent back to the back, Im fine where Im at). They didnt even seem to even care about the show they were just hoisting people non stop.

Are you gonna go to the Vacaville show? It's on a Saturday!

PostPosted: Feb 08 15 9:43:52 pm 
Board Slut

I was there too. Good times.

Should have planned a BH meetup. See ya in Vacaville.

PostPosted: Feb 08 15 10:02:25 pm 
cacabonita

basictheory wrote:

Damn, yeah. We should definitely meet up in Vacaville.

PostPosted: Feb 08 15 11:02:27 pm 
Board Slut

singemfrc wrote:
basictheory wrote:

Damn, yeah. We should definitely meet up in Vacaville.

I live in Sacto now, too. Working at g(c).

PostPosted: Feb 08 15 11:47:47 pm 
International Board Slut

https://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/sets/

I have 4 sets of photos from this leg if anyone's interested in looking at them.

There were a couple of changes over the shows I went to. "Infest" and "Broken Home" were played, but then switched out for "Blood Brothers" and "Warriors" in Houston. Then in Dallas, "Warriors" was replaced with "Hollywood Whore." I like random unexpected changes in the set, even if it's one or two songs difference. :)

ADIR FOR EVER!