brokenh board

ruining peoples lives since 2000
It is currently Sep 22 17 5:31:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Reading Festival, UK 2001
PostPosted: Apr 11 02 2:37:24 pm 
Administrator

It was August 25th 2001 - my first Papa Roach gig ever! I went with one of my mates Gino and we arrived in Reading at 10:00am and Papa roach weren't even on until 07:45pm so we had time to kill. through the day we amused ourselves with food, drugs, puking and alcohol!

Before p-roach played, during the day we had a heroic intake of weed, vodka, amyl nitrate (poppers) and shitloads of cider and beer so by the time P-Roach took to the stage I was pretty fucked!

It was 7:30pm and they were soundchecking Jerry's guitar, then Tobin's bass, then Coby's mic, now I knew it was just minutes before my first Papa Roach experience.

Then all of a sudden "WELCOME TO THE ORIGINAL PAPA ROACH SOUNDFIRE - VIVA LA CUCARACHA, MY NAME'S COBY DICK........" from that second onward I had such a rush of adrenaline through me as I was jumping and moshing. Infest was a truly excellent opener, after that Jacoby introduced who they were (as if we didnt know!) then broke into Blood Brothers. Awesome.

Next up was Snakes and that was merely breathtaking, I couldnt believe how good they sounded live-it's like better than Cd. the crowd surfing was beginning and everyone was going crazy, then Jacoby demands pit-circles so it started getting fucking crazy. With sweat pissing off of me it was time for Never Enough and that was totally rocked out!

After Never Enough the crowd security started acting like dicks and throwing pints of water at us and one caught my mate clean in the eye, not that this bothered me cos it was getting even more insane and crazy by the second. Next on the bill was Broken Home, i'm telling you the haunting echo of Jerry's guitar on this song is so good when LIVE, Jacoby jumped round the stage like a madman with Tobin and Jerry headbanging in sync. That's the only problem with the live show you can never see Dave!

The next thing I heard was " If you know the words to this song please sing along with me" - Between Angels and Insects, it doesnt get any better than this. everyone knew the words, it was just incredible. 3/4 of the way Jacoby jumped off the 15ft stage and ran up to the crowd with some displeased security guards on his tracks but fuck them cos this was a rock show.

After joking around Jacoby states that he has been "drunk for two years and he's not going to stop now". What else could it have been - it was Binge and it was awesome and cos I was so drunk it sounded even better! at this point I was amazed by the band's energy cos Tobin and Jerry were jumping and po-going around and Jacoby was just totally off the hook.

Now we were being given instructions " I put my hand like this and you put your hand like that and say DEAD CELL" I had waited a long time for this moment, well 8 months to be precise and I cant even remember what happened during this song cos it was so nuts. After Dead Cell came "Walkin Thru Barbed Wire" which I thought was good because the hard core fans knew all the words and everybody else who was there just because "Papa Roach are way cool man" didnt, so it was enough fucked up and amazing live performance, which also had a special meaning for me.

When that last bout of madness was over Jacoby pulled out a speakerphone and put it in front of his mic, I didnt know and couldnt hear at the time but it was "White Light" he was reading. Next were the words" This is your last chance to go fucking insane because we're not coming back until next summer" i knew what was coming and I was dumbstruck when those words were shrilled down the microphone "CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES THIS IS MY LAST RESORT....." this was the highlight and it was so incredible I was in awe and I was getting airtimeto this mental tune. When the song was over we were congratulated for "being nuts" then Jacoby shouted "fucking throw stuff at me" and about 300 bottles and cans rained onto the stage.

What a day, what a gig. One word AWESOME.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr 11 02 5:03:58 pm 
Groupie

I wanna go to a p roach concert.......... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr 11 02 7:22:14 pm 
Arizona Copper

You wanna sing a song with Papa Roach?

Dead Cell is by far my favorite live song by the guys. And your right infest is by far the best song for them to open with. I saw them a few times when they opened with Blood Brothers and Infest is just way better.

I have been to 4 damn shows and I still have yet to hear "tightrope" Those bastards!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr 11 02 9:41:11 pm 
Hardcore Fan

i heard tdead cell from reading festival on the radio , it sounded amazing, i wish id been there and i wish id heard more of the gig!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr 12 02 10:16:48 am 
Hardcore Fan

i'll agree infest is a good song to open with, a few of the times i seen them they opened with dead cell.

for months i'm sharing lungs

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Apr 12 02 12:50:14 pm 

I've seen Papa Roach twice... the best lives songs were "Dead Cell" and "Blood Brothers"... they were just totally fucking insane.

Sorry if I sound like a smug bitch now, phx_man, but the first time I saw P-Roach, they played "Tightrope," which was amazing live. Before he started singing it, Jacoby said -

"All you guys out there... if you're next to a girl, grab her, and if you're on your own, grab yourself."

Ha ha... it was an awesome set. By far the best gig I've ever been to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr 12 02 6:16:49 pm 
Hardcore Fan

yeah, i've seen Papa Roach perfrom twice. And they played Tightrope the second time i saw them. Coby told everyone that it ws a makeout song, and told all the guys to grab a girl. haha, then the guys form alien ant farm came on stage and started making out.

Post subject: Fire Rain Independence 4th of July
PostPosted: Apr 16 02 1:52:56 pm 
Administrator

Fightin_Irish wrote:
I wanna go to a p roach concert.......... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

If you ever get the chance, trust me dont think twice. It's such an amazing experience! That was my first P-roach gig and I was in shock afterwards, purely because it was that damn good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr 17 02 12:47:58 am 
Groupie

oh believe me, if i get the chance i'll be first in line for tickets.
they were supposed to come here last year but it was cancelled for some unknown reason

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Apr 24 02 11:20:20 pm 
Here in my Stoned Head

ScytheJessie wrote:
I've seen Papa Roach twice... the best lives songs were "Dead Cell" and "Blood Brothers"... they were just totally fucking insane.

Sorry if I sound like a smug bitch now, phx_man, but the first time I saw P-Roach, they played "Tightrope," which was amazing live. Before he started singing it, Jacoby said -

"All you guys out there... if you're next to a girl, grab her, and if you're on your own, grab yourself."

Ha ha... it was an awesome set. By far the best gig I've ever been to.

that was at 5 night stand, that gig was the fdb, it was so mental, coz it was full of massive guys coz they was there for oms, it was pretty fucked up!

PostPosted: May 07 02 9:38:22 am 

It was a fucking awesome gig though, and yeah, the people there for OMS made that mosh-pit insane! I was so bruised by the time I got home!

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 07 02 6:41:13 pm 
Hardcore Fan

:lol: Very Cool !

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 07 02 7:06:39 pm 
Here in my Stoned Head

yeah, oms have an actual pit crew, there was about 20 hugh men beating the crap out of each other, it was quality!

PostPosted: May 08 02 4:52:11 am 

:)

Did you go in the pit, or just stand around laughing at them like a lot of the other people?

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 08 02 3:15:03 pm 
Here in my Stoned Head

oh no, i was in there, im a pretty big guy, and i was just gettin mangled, teehee, but it was great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 09 02 3:28:51 am 
Groupie

sounds cool, but i'd get torn apart in there i'm as skinny as fuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 09 02 3:45:01 am 
Hardcore Fan

Fightin_Irish wrote:
sounds cool, but i'd get torn apart in there i'm as skinny as fuck

haha, me too